My arms feel like they are on fire

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My arms feel like they are on fire

Postby julier59 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:59 am

Any advice would be most grateful, every day for the last 2 weeks my arms feel like they are on fire, can't sleep day or night and finding it hard to do anything. Am using a tens machine and painkillers, also freeze spray but am not getting any relief, sitting here at the moment crying like a baby, just wish the pain would go away
julier59
UKFM Member

Re: My arms feel like they are on fire

Postby Charmed » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:18 pm

I have just read your post, as have 162 others I see. I feel your pain and know how debilitating it is, as I'm sure we all do. I imagine no one has answered you, as like me no one has an answer. Like you I use TENS and pain meds for burning pain in arms and legs.

The only other thing I can think of is rubbing moisturiser (hard) into your limbs, it is extremely painful but gives some relief. You could also try some stretches with a resistance band, really difficult when your in so much pain but it does help a little. A hot bath/shower may relax you a bit. Maybe try some relaxation therapy.

I guess you have probably tried all these already, I just wish I had the answer for you.

:hugs:
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby julier59 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi thankyou for yr reply will try the moisturiser, I haven't tried that, so hopefully it might help a bit, thankyou again, hope you feel a bit better yourself soon
julier59
UKFM Member

Postby Lettuce leaf » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi, I have very painful burning in the arms and feet. I put my feet on the cold floor which helps for a short time but not for long. It drives me mad. I haven't found anything that relievers it. Not even the lyrica tablets work. I will try rubbing cool gel in and see if that helps. Hope you feel better soon :-D
Lettuce leaf
UKFM Newbie

Postby julier59 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi, lettuce leaf, thsnks for the reply, the cooling spray does work for me for a while but then it kicks off again after about an hour, tried the moisturiser last night and it done nothing, was really hoping it would give me a bit of relief but no, am so tired and feel so drained at the minute, but haho think this is my life now so am going to have to try and get on with it the best I can, hope you feel bit better soon yourself:-(
julier59
UKFM Member

Postby WENMARIE » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:28 am

Hi
I thought I was going mad. Everyday the burning seems to get more aggressive mid to late morning and has also spread to my shoulders. I'm 46 and have had a full hysterectomy and talking to people they think it could be that it could be the menopause. I also suffer with palpitations so I'm not convinced its all down to the menopause
WENMARIE
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:52 am

If it's giving you cause for concern, then the best thing to do is talk to your GP and see if it helps settle your mind. It may be something completely unconnected to FM and the menopause that is pretty easy to sort out for you xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby madmumliz » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 am

I have just started taking Gabapentin this week to see if it helps the burning sensation in my feet and legs. Its the one symptom that pain killers don't touch. My physio daughter told me to chat with my GP about it.
madmumliz
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia