Driving, Tramadol and confusion.

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Driving, Tramadol and confusion.

Postby carolad » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:27 pm

Ethersin wrote: I'll have to keep something in my car to appease police if ever need be. I take it it has to be an in date prescription? - Thanks for all the info on prescriptions and driving. I was never sure, all I knew was what was said in the leaflet that was in the box.

I think you would only need to do this if you are taking one of the drugs on the list recently published by the government. Tramadol is not on the list.

Though of course common sense should prevail and if you feel drowsy or disorientated from taking any drug (even regular antihistamines can do this), then you shouldn't drive.
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Ethersin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Ah okay so I won't worry too much then. But yes I quite often say nope I'm not driving today as I don't feel up to it. It may be negative and limiting but at least it's safe!
Ethersin
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Ethersin wrote:Ah okay so I won't worry too much then. But yes I quite often say nope I'm not driving today as I don't feel up to it. It may be negative and limiting but at least it's safe!

Very sensible attitude to take :)
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Ethersin wrote: I'll have to keep something in my car to appease police if ever need be. I take it it has to be an in date prescription? - Thanks for all the info on prescriptions and driving. I was never sure, all I knew was what was said in the leaflet that was in the box.

I think it has to be the latest script, yes, but as Carol says only for those on the list. Tbh apparently this is all the same as it was before apart from now the police can test for drugs. Which is bizarre, because I didn't know any of it so to me it's all new!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia