Major flare up

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Major flare up

Postby Mk1divemaster » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:25 pm

Hi all,
Well this one crept up on me ! Looking back I should have realised how much stress I'd put myself under .
Things were going well, my pain was at a minimum , life was great , then I started letting things get on top of me at work , home.
I stopped going out enjoying hobbies etc - I was running into a depressive episode. Before I knew it I was in the black cloud! :(
The pain didn't start straight away , i started my anti depressants again, and started picking up , as soon as my head was right Bang !
The aches came first then the burning now at the moment I'm experiencing a full blown flare up all over my body, I think if it weren't for the anti depressants I wouldn't be able to cope , but I'm not going to let it beat me. I've got through it before I'm sure I will again. My mind races with - is it the tablets or is it my body that's causing this pain ! Has anyone else ever thought that ?
I've just this minute come back from osteopath who has gave me a great back and neck massage , trouble is the relief is short lived but well worth the money for the few hours it lasts !
Any thoughts to this rant please reply :-)
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Re: Major flare up

Postby iblinkin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:26 pm

Hi Mk1divemaster, sorry you are going thru this right now and the only thing i can suggest is to stay calm and try to relax as much as possible and think happy thoughts.

I know how that sounds but believe me it's important to wash away the clutter and stress, and maybe watch some funny shows?

Good luck and i hope you feel better.
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby divingforPearls » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:24 am

Oh dear, c'est la vie with this hey? I hope your flare up is short lived, you never know. But as you say, you've been here before and got out of it. I'm currently nearly 2 months into a flare up, so I totally understand. Best wishes.
divingforPearls
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:56 am

Hope the flare begins to settle soon. The only words of wisdom I can offer are to listen to your body, don't push yourself and treat yourself with love.

You are positive that you can beat it again and that attitude can only help. Sending gentle :hugs: :hugs: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby mamamaka » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:22 am

I've often wondered if some of it is linked to the tablets but I am to scared to come off them as it is the only way I can get out of bed in the morning :-(
mamamaka
UKFM Member

Postby Mk1divemaster » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:43 pm

Thanks all for your encouraging comments and thoughts , I'm on an anti depressant called sertraline has anyone had dealings with this drug ?
I stopped taking it when I got well the last time I had a flare up, but put myself back on it recently as I think it helps with my mood , but is it my head that's telling me this drug is causing my muscle cramps ? I don't know its that big question again, is it depression causing my pain or pain causing my depression ! Arghhhhhhhh X
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Postby Mk1divemaster » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:45 pm

divingforPearls wrote:Oh dear, c'est la vie with this hey? I hope your flare up is short lived, you never know. But as you say, you've been here before and got out of it. I'm currently nearly 2 months into a flare up, so I totally understand. Best wishes.

Thanx for that :-D your not a scuba diver by any chance with a tag like diving for pearls ?
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Postby Tuckvale » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:06 pm

You've over done it! Reflect and learn. Xxxxxxx
Tuckvale
UKFM Newbie

Postby ixel-chick » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Mk1divemaster wrote: I'm on an anti depressant called sertraline has anyone had dealings with this drug ?

I tried sertraline for the fatigue, and it did wonders. Took all the fatigue away. :-)

The drug however didn't agree with me, and made me depressed. But apart from depression I had no other side effects from it. I did however notice my pain much more when on the sertraline, as with the fatigue and fog gone, I was much more aware of everything else happening... like the pain. So it didn't cause me more pain, but with the mind clear, and not feeling exhausted, I became much more aware of the pain in my body.

Hope you feel better soon!
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Mk1divemaster » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:22 pm

Yeh that's what I was thinking , maybe Im focusing more on the pain now my fog is clear :( how do you take your mind of the pain though :-?
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:32 pm

Mk1divemaster wrote:how do you take your mind of the pain though :-?

After the sertraline I started on milnacipran - now pain free. :-)
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Mk1divemaster » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:08 pm

Milnacipran? Is this an anti depressant ? :-?
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Re: Major flare upst

Postby Gromit » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Hey, hope you're having a better day.

For me I know that the pain came first, it came on slowly and insidiously but it definitely came first. The depression is here nj ow though. I take Mirtizapine for it. 45mg each night and for the first time since I was a baby I sleep through the night. Even as a child I never slept right through the night and this just got worse as I got older.

I know what it's like to flare for so long that you start to question everything around you, so lots of love and hugs xoxox
Love from Grom :) xxx
Gromit
UKFM Member

Postby Mk1divemaster » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:36 pm

Thanks for your support Grom :-D
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia