hand pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hand pain

Postby cdcrossy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:55 pm

hello just want to know if anyone gets this weird pain in the hand.

it is under the parm but before were the finger starts its a sharp stabbing pain when touched or making a fist bending fingers. thanks
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Re: hand pain

Postby iblinkin » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi cdcrossy, unfortunately this is a common occurrance with fibro and you will find that it will improve as the weather gets warmer and it should calm down.

Gentle stretching does help some and there are some good tips online for this and one is called yoga for fibro hands.

Good luck and stay calm. :-)
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby trotter » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Hand pain is quite common for me 8-)
But im still working finding it hard at times
Stryechibg the fingers work for me :-D :-D :-D :-D
trotter
UKFM Newbie

Postby JemmaB88 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:17 pm

I get this a lot.

If it is really bad and I can't bear it much more, then I soak them in warm water for a bit and make fists then relax. Helps a little bit.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby rubes » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:30 pm

Reynauds????????????
rubes
UKFM Member

Postby LesleyD » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:53 pm

I get a sharp pain just at the pad under my index finger in my left hand nearly every day, I also have Raynauds and Osteo-arthritis in my hands. My pain medication - MST and Paracetamol don't help. It's depressing being in pain all of the time. Going in for a Hot Bath to try and ease the pain, everything crossed apart from fingers!
LesleyD
UKFM Member

Postby morette5 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:29 am

Yes, i had this more often when i first was struck with fibro. However yesterday it came back with a vengeance just yesterday. I thought it was because i tried to carve the roast Lamb.
morette5
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi, I have hand pain too, related to wonderful fibro and osteoarthritis. I try to ignore it but sometimes it's too much. I find keeping my hands warm and stretching them helps. Damp weather doesn't help.
hope you find your hands get easier soon.
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:29 pm

thanks for all your replys i tend to get it when holding in the hand i had hold of a handle of a crutch and it started what is Reynauds as i have a pain consultant appointment end of the month thanks again for your help.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:24 pm

cdcrossy wrote:thanks for all your replys i tend to get it when holding in the hand i had hold of a handle of a crutch and it started what is Reynauds as i have a pain consultant appointment end of the month thanks again for your help.

Raynauds is a circulation problem - your hands and feet go cold and numb and turn white. When the blood starts coming back to your extremities, it can be painful. You would know if you had it - the colour change is quite dramatic!
carolad
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia