Stress relief?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Stress relief?

Postby Ethersin » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi guys,

Just wandering if anyone knows any good stress relief, not meditation, can't keep my brain still for 2 seconds let alone several minutes. I've been going through a lot lately and I think it's pushing my pain a little higher than normal.

I've been stalking the forums a little.. Not really knowing where to interject as I don't really know what I want to say, I'd like to help where I could, but anyway. I saw a few posts (I know this is in another category but.. Think it may be part of the stress) about PIP, but none really stood out as what goes on. I've got a PIP appointment coming up (sods put it on my birthday and at 2.30 so can't even really do anything)! - What should I expect? Is it like ESA where they make me do painful stuff and if I refuse they tell me I can't have it?

Also been put back on tramadol after being told to come off because it didn't do anything for me. As they can't offer anything else stronger. So I've pretty much told everyone I'm not gonna drive anymore, for now. So I've barely left the house in 2 weeks. (Going crazy)! Not that I left much before, but the option was there.

Anyway how is everyone? Let's have a nice chat put some smiles on faces, that should help a little.
Ethersin
UKFM Member

Re: Stress relief?

Postby iblinkin » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Hi Ethersin, have you tried camomille tea? It's recommended for fibro for relaxing and i have had success with this.

Hope it helps! :-D
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:27 pm

A really good tip for dealing with stress is alternate nostril breathing. It sounds weird I know, but it does work! It is something I was taught at a yoga class years ago and it does help you to relax if you are feeling stressed or anxious. You hold your nose and block off one nostril at a time - block off the left nostril, breathe in and out through your right nostril. Then release the left nostril, block off the right and breathe in and out with your left nostril.

http://www.gateways-to-inner-peace.com/ ... thing.html

Give it a go, it is easy once you get the hang of it :-)
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Syder » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:07 pm

I've been going for a facial these last few weeks as I've been off work and found them really relaxing. Massage would work just as well I think but make sure it's a gentle one!
Syder
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ethersin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:37 am

Hi guys, thanks for all the answers! I'll give the tea ago, think I tried it before, wasn't a great fan of the taste, but if it works... Breathing stuff sounds good, never heard of that one, but probably worth a try. I would KILL for a massage!

Think I'll give them all a look at, if it helps in the slightest that would be great.

Thanks!
Ethersin
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:27 am

Online games!!! Ok... so it might not give you stress relief, but it will add gaming-stress, which means you will feel all other stress less. :lol:

But honestly, I love playing little games online, as it's like a little holiday from real life. Today I was well chuffed, as I found Indy Cat (Match 3) at the Windows Phone store (it's free). I looooove Indy Cat. Hubby got one of those fancy Lumia phones, and this means if I'm ever waiting for him in the car I get to play one of my fave games.

On the tablet Agent Alice is a big hit, but it's pants having to wait to progress in the game.

Anyway how is everyone?

Apart from a slight cold - excellent. :-D Luckily it's just a little cold, but as the nose is stuffy I keep sneezing, and I loathe sneezing.

Best of luck with the PIP appointment!
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Ethersin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:10 pm

Yeah I find video games a great way to escape! I can kill a lot of time with out realising it using them, though saying that they do bring there own stress :P

I've not heard of them (my phone is rubbish and doesn't play many games (even though it's a good phone, just broke). Good to hear you're well! Cold sucks (can't breathe, really fancied trying that nose breathing thing but will have to wait). Sneezes are not fun and thank you for the luck, will probably need it with my track record!
Ethersin
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia