Help please

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help please

Postby mamamaka » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Hi, I am hoping some of you may be able to help me, I have been trying to research different vitamins that will hopefully help some way to alleviate some of the symptoms of fibromyalgia, I have had some info on magnesium and zinc from a friend but can't find any multivitamin tablets that have all the magnesium in them, do you think if I tried to get some singular vitamin supplements that they will help?

There is so much conflicting advice on line that I thought I would ask on here if anyone had any first hand experience, there must be something that helps :-/

Thanks in advance for any advice you can do, kath :-)
mamamaka
UKFM Member

Re: Help please

Postby Gingermama » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:20 pm

Yes I would buy separately, I take magnesium citrate from holland and barrett. It says take one a day but I take one in morning and one in evening...
Gingermama
UKFM Member

Postby Woodlandmermaid » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:32 pm

I have just started to use a Magnesium Oil Spray - it is a supersaturated magnesium source, absorbed directly into the skin tissue, entering the cells immediately, replacing magnesium lost through modern diet and pressured lifestyles.

Can be sprayed onto any area of the body for overall health maintenance and to aid relaxation or onto joints and muscles. Can be applied as often as required. Massage well into skin for optimum absorption. Ideally apply to clean skin after showering/bathing and make it part of your bathroom routine.
ORAL HEALTH
Apply 1-2 sprays into mouth when cleaning teeth to reduce plaque build -up and promote healthy gums.

I use Magnesium Oil Original Spray ( produced by Better You http://www.betteryou.uk.com ).

The company claim their magnesium spray to be the most purest and most absorbable source of this essential mineral.

Mined from European deposits over 250 million years old and one mile underground the natural process of filtering and condensing produces a magnesium supply of superior quality and bioavailability.

Magnesium is the central most basic nutrient mineral responsible for calcium absorption, strengthening teeth and bones. It aids energy production and normalised muscle function.

"Transdermal is the ultimate way to replenish magnesium levels. Every cell in the body bathes and feeds in it." Dr Norman Shealy, Professor Emeritus, Greenwich University.

I have been using it after each bath of which I usually take at least two per day. I have noticed it seems to help relax my leg and arm muscles and helps me to settle a little better in the evenings. Hope this helps you. x
Woodlandmermaid
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:21 pm

Magnesium Malate is the main one for fibro so i found out over the years of modding. Have a look on this and ask your pharmacist / GP or local Holland & Barrett for there advice
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:51 am

I bought magnesium and b complex vitamins, I took them for about a week then stopped as I wasn't sure if it was helping me. I spoke to my gp on Friday about it and he said that its best to first do blood tests to check if I'm low in those vitamins as sometimes if you have too many you can become ill. So best to have a test first x I'm having in on Friday to check my levels x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:56 pm

As Theresa has said, having levels checked before starting to take vitamins and other supplements is a sensible thing to do as too much of some of them can cause side effects and other problems. This Linky explains about the different ones, incl what can happen if too much is taken. They can also potentially interact with meds, both prescribed and OTC, so it is worth having a word with your GP or local pharmacist before adding them to what is already being taken.

When starting to take vitamins etc, they do need time to get into your body and build up. For some it may be a few weeks before changes are detectable, for others it may take longer to reach a suitable level {a number of months} so patience is needed when taking them.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia