Weak right side of body.

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weak right side of body.

Postby natmac73 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone has been suffering with the following symptoms? A couple of weeks ago I had a twitching muscle in my knee which lasted for a week and since then my right leg has become very weak. ...gradually I have noticed that my right side of my body has also been suffering with weakness. The past few months I have been suffering with various other symptoms and it just seems never ending :( I feel so drained and constantly in a state of depression.

Hope everyone else is ok. X
natmac73
UKFM Member

Re: Weak right side of body.

Postby Happy Girl » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi Nat mac
There are times when I feel I am just dragging myself round and don't have any strength to do anything. No matter what and how I feel I exercise every day. I have had a very good physio who has given me exercise for just about every partt of the body as well as treadmill, exercise bike and stepper. As she said do what you can every day, spread it over the day but don't give up. There are days when I could scream at it all but I do a couple of minutes of each.

Fibro - I'M BOSS!
Determined to be happy
Happy Girl
UKFM Member

Postby LesleyD » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:33 am

For the past couple of weeks I have had a weakness in my left arm. It feels like I have been standing with my left arm raised above my head and all of the blood has drained from it. I also feel really depressed - I recently left my verbally abusive alcoholic ex-partner (I know it's the best decision I have ever made) - just can't stop crying at least thing - even writing this! Due to this I have had to change my GP, don't feel comfortable with the new one. So didn't mention the weakness or the depression!! I'm sure that it will all settle with time! The weakness in my arm will go away and I will stop crying like a baby. Then I will just have all the other Fibro problems to deal with.xx
LesleyD
UKFM Member

Postby natmac73 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:43 am

Thanks guys for your replies. .....
It's just trying to come to terms with everything, it will be a year in November since diagnosis. But I've been unwell for the past two years. ...best wishes to you x
natmac73
UKFM Member

Postby Happy Girl » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:54 am

It is a lot to get to get to grips with and I read an article which said that you do go through a berievement process. I made up my mind to be stronger than the fibro - it's really tough at times and I do have my moments of giving in. I just had a serious discussion with my fibro and said if I've got you for life there's one rule and that is I'M BOSS! There are some things I have had to stop doing, others take a lot longer and some I really need help with. I use a mobility scooter only because I want the energy to do what I want when we're back home. There are times when you hear me shouting at myself (well the fibro bit of me). Have a cry when you need to but try to live life on the funny side, watch programmes that make you laugh and do silly things. It's very difficult in the beginning but it has helped me.

Don't give up. Gentle hugs x

Fibro - I'M BOSS !!!!
Determined to be happy
Happy Girl
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:31 am

natmac73 wrote:Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone has been suffering with the following symptoms? A couple of weeks ago I had a twitching muscle in my knee which lasted for a week and since then my right leg has become very weak. ...gradually I have noticed that my right side of my body has also been suffering with weakness. The past few months I have been suffering with various other symptoms and it just seems never ending :( I feel so drained and constantly in a state of depression.

Hope everyone else is ok. X

Try not to assume that all new symptoms are that of fibro. You need to get this weakness checked out by your GP as there can be many other causes! I was suffering from leg weakness, my physio gave me some exercises to do to strengthen the muscle. She advised me to get the weakness looked at as a precaution as like many people i just add new symptoms to the bag and "get on with them" The GP sent me for an MRI of the lower back and it was then that i found out i had many problems unrelated to fibro actualy causing the weakness.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:49 pm

I got a total weakness as well as pain all down my right arm and some in my left arm, after a week of doing physio exercises. I stopped doing them and it went after a couple of days. It seems I may have been overdoing it as it was so unusual for me to get that feeling, more than the usual pain.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia