MY shoulder

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

MY shoulder

Postby tintagel » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:47 am

Morning all,

I have developed pain in my right shoulder over the last week. This is a new symptom for me, but really scaring me at the moment. This morning I could barely hold my hairdryer up. It is seriously agony. Do symptoms always get worse at each consecutive flare? Mine seem to, and i'm frightened I'm going to end up totally disabled. I feel I should be able to mentally overcome fibromyalgia. I'm at work later and need to work financially, have just managed to go job share. Will this flare pass? is it with me now forever and get progressively worse? I am only 50, haven't even enjoyed greandchildren yet! Sorry to go on folks, but this phase is so much worse than the last. I take 900mg gaberpentin daily, don't think it does anything at all and tramadol, helps a little but GP will only give me enough for occasional use and refuses to increase it. I have never abused medication or taken drugs so I don't understand this. I'm slim and don't drink or smoke.
Thankyou for reading. I appreciate it greatly.
tintagel
UKFM Member

Re: MY shoulder

Postby kazak » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:16 am

morning
i too suffer with pain in both shoulders, but not constant.
have u been to pain management clinic, if not ask cos they are better able to advise on pain combo drugs, they can also refer u to physio
kazak
UKFM Member

Re: MY shoulder

Postby ktgreen123 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:28 am

Hi, I'm 25 and had the same pain in this area for 2 years. I do have a dull pain there constantly, however when I have flare up it gets worse. I know it's not what you want to hear but you do learn to live with it and the pain just becomes part of everyday life. Since my diagnosis I have changed my diet significantly and this has helped no end. Hope you find a solution to ease/subside the pain. I currently take cov-codamol, Tramadol & Fluoxetine which do help but again I try to limit my use of them.

Kate X
ktgreen123
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia