well that was a new one!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

well that was a new one!

Postby galio » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:28 pm

have had hot and sore hands and they have been swollen the last few days, I know I am to blame for the flare that is threatening by over working the last 2 weeks but this morning I got the idea in my head my arms were swollen and for some reason when I looked at them I was suprised they were normal and not 3 times there size! I have no idea why I thought they would be like balloons and why I thought I was seeing things when they were normal!!!! think Im loosing the plot :crazy:
galio
UKFM Member

Re: well that was a new one!

Postby Garyl » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:46 pm

Galio your not losing the plot, as in february my right hand got badly swollen is a weird thing as my hand feels swollen but does not look it
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Gingermama » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:58 pm

Did u dream something about your arms being swollen? I only ask cos I have the most vivid dreams, last night I dreamt my son sat on my iPad and snapped it in half but the inside was like jelly. When I woke up I couldn't understand how my iPad wasn't broken... Took me a while to stop feeling weirded out... I do get the strangest dreams tho!
Gingermama
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:06 pm

no no dreams had actually just finished eating my breakfast and sat down to put on my shoes and i just suddenly thought my arms are swollen and looked at them expecting to see them 3 or 4 times the size they should be and so surprised that they were normal. my hands have started to bother me burning and sore and feel swollen when i move them they are up a little but not much, this is how my feet feel a lot of the time, when Im not freezing cold. the pain is racing round my body from limb to limb and leaving an ache behind to let me know its been there, my own fault as I worked all day last Tuesday and then again this Tuesday , I usually do half days tues and wed and so far have managed to be at work about 98% of the time by doing this I have missed a full thursday again got carried away on a half day and joined in with the skipping games in the playground and then the yoga class because i was feeling fine, big mistake could hardly get out of bed the next day so it was a duvet day for me. I am struggling but only have 3 full and 2 half days till the easter holidays start next thursday so desperatly trying to keep going.
galio
UKFM Member

Postby juliekp » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:40 pm

My hands often feel very sore and swollen but rarely look different. It's just another part of the glories of fibro.
juliekp
UKFM Member

Postby Annie54 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:37 am

I get this too. Sometimes my hands feel so swollen that it is impossible to clench them and make a fist but they don't look swollen at all. It is a strange sensation.
Annie54
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:54 am

I get this - my hands feel hot and swollen, like i have been mountain climbing, but they look normal and it often happens when i have been using them lots the day before.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby jayanne1311 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:34 pm

I get this in my feet. Podiatrist has checked says there is nothing wrong. Sometimes my left instep is swollen but even when it isn't my toes feel very swollen and don' t move properly. Who else might look at then for me as sent to her by physiotherapist?
jayanne1311
UKFM Member

Postby Tuckvale » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:15 pm

My hands feel swollen and often can't get my rings off, but looking at them they are normal. Most times early morning. Always been part of my Fibro symptoms. :?:
Tuckvale
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia