Help

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help

Postby contraryone » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Hello, new to site and do not really know if a have FB.

My symptoms, if I think back started after a head injury over four years ago and the death of both my parents.

All started with severe panic attacks and the over the years pain throughout my body, pins and needles on waking and gradually pain is getting worse. Over the last few months I have developed continual pain behind my knees, which rarely goes away and on waking stiffness and pain in my hands, like they are bruised, this gradually gets better as I wake and start moving and now I have developed a pain in my elbow that feels like I have suffered some type of injury but I have not, this pain comes and goes. I have several of the tender points too. I continually have shooing pains throughout my body like pain is shooting through my veins, this is mostly in arms and hands but can be in top of legs too.

I also seemed to have developed an allergy of some kind to red wine, if I drink it feels like I am dying the next day and my body just does not seem to be able to tolerate alcohol and this has never been a problem before. I have also developed wheezing and also suffer from GERD.

A doctor at hospital did mention FB to me a while back but I have not been diagnosed by my own GP, as he is very old school.

Please help, are the symptoms I am experiencing FB?

Many thanks and I would be very grateful for any replies.

Rachael
contraryone
UKFM Newbie

Re: Help

Postby Ali170 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi Love'

Yes it all sounds familiar , but you need tests to rule out other conditions as there is no diagnosis for FB.

Pluck up the courage to see your GP, the fact that's he's "old school" shouldn't matter as this is your health we're talking about, take someone with you if need be. Tell him you want to be referred to a rheumatologist for blood tests and a pain clinic for the tender point tests.

It took 12 years for me to be diagnosed, what a bloody waste of time, it doesn't make the pain go away but at least you'll know what you're dealing with.

Good luck, you deserve to be treated with dignity and respect xxxx
Ali170
UKFM Member

Postby contraryone » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:28 pm

Thank you x
contraryone
UKFM Newbie

Postby normak » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:21 am

Hi Rachael

Your symptoms sound similar to mine. Although diagnosis and medication has done no good for me, it's important to know and rule out other treatable things. My doctors treated me like a hypochondriac for years, then I eventually saw a great rheumy who treated me with respect and care. So my advice is to be persistent and insist on getting the care you deserve.

Good luck xx
normak
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia