Ive been away for so long!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Ive been away for so long!

Postby bouncy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:57 pm

There has been yet another huge gap since my last post. I have a bit of a roller coaster ride and am now limited to computer use due to migraines and light sensitivity. In the last 3 years I have had a heart attack, a hysterectomy (fibro and menopause do not mix well), a breakdown, being diagnosed with hypermobility and have severe hypotension and vertigo. You will have to excuse me in advance if I suddenly disappear again. I just wanted to ask, does anyone have the sensation of an alka seltzer being dropped into your head, a feeling that you are heavy on one side in your head or the feeling of ice water running through your head and neck. I have had fibro for over 20 years and these symptoms only emerged about 3 years ago but are getting worse.
bouncy
UKFM Member

Re: Ive been away for so long!

Postby iblinkin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi bouncy, wow! You sure have been thru a lot and sorry to hear this. Not sure about the ice water sensation, but i do get the heaviness on one side of my head.

I recently posted a linky that may help you a bit and it's in regards to histamines and when my head feels like this i take sinus pill which helps alot.

Maybe take a look at the article here, https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/142662 ... 9003692021

Hopefully this will help some with your pain and discomfort cheers and good luck! :-)
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby bouncy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:06 am

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately sinus pills are among the many pills I cannot take since my heart attack. The doctor does give me anti-biotics twice a year though. I will have to ask about anti-histamines. Does the heaviness actually make you lose your balance? I have an MRI so I know its nothing serious but I worry about not being able to get to work because I just cant stand up some days.
Thanks again.
bouncy
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:20 am

Hi bouncy, I too am a long term sufferer which I think was down to having an hysterectomy. But, my goodness, you have been in the wars, and still are by the sound of it. Any 'new' symptoms I get now pose the question 'is it fibro or just old age creeping on?' (I'm 68) and fortunate enough to be retired so, within reason, I can do what my body dictates - not having to get up for work when that's the last thing you want to do - having an afternoon nap etc. My biggest and hardest lesson over the last 20 years has been to listen to my body and act accordingly. I know that's not easy for everyone but my advice would be to look after yourself, be kind to yourself, and try and take each day as it comes. We have to trust that there are people out there researching fibromyalgia and hopefully coming up with a cure. Gentle hugs coming your way.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Ugh what a horrible time you've had of things :(

I often get the trickling water thing, it's very unnerving. I often get it after I've been to the loo and feel like I'm pissing myself! :yikes: I had a neck rub from my physio and he used gel and after that my neck felt like it was still wet for days even though it wasn't.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia