Memory problems

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Memory problems

Postby bandj » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:22 pm

I tried ginko bilabo snd ginseng and other supplements but found nothing helped. Everything is called a thingymajig, wotsit, dufferunit....it just means my family have become good at guessing what I mean! :-D if I didn't laugh I'd cry all the time. I write a list and do my online shopping but still end up going to the shop because Ive forgotten something :crazy: thankfully hubby is very patient. He has memory problems too so we both for get things! I make a to do list but there's always something I forget! :roll:
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Minniemum » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:47 pm

One of the most embarrassing aspects of fibro is cognitive dysfunction, I'm glad I've retired now because it became so embarrassing getting wrong the names, processes and stuff I knew so well. I found it so hard to even try to explain to colleagues why I had this problem and that just because the wrong word was said I knew what I should have said but it failed to come out of my mouth. Bet everyone out there knows exactly what I mean. However I still find tiredness and stress can get it going at full steam in spite of no longer having to go through the daily grind in the office.
Minniemum
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Kayleigh wrote:I wish it was names I struggle with :( I cant remember one day from the next get easily confused and I seem to have formed a stutter in the last few months but not all the time. I even got confused about my regular train station I use. I got to Cardiff went to buy tickets and told them I had got on at a different station than I had. They read me my rights and tried to say I couldn't buy a ticket but I did anyway, phoned my husband crying so he told me which station I use, I tried to go and change my tickets, they wouldn't let me. The case went to court and I was fined £600 even when I tried explaining my situation. It was a £1.25 difference in tickets. Now I'm petrified of getting other things wrong. I freak out in work :(

That's awful :( Can you write it down and keep it in your bag so that you know you won't have that situation again?

I get this a lot. Especially hearing something and literally seconds later, nope it's gone. I quite often ask my partner a question, then two minutes later ask the same thing again, forgetting I've even asked let alone the answer!

It's literally like my brain has a reset button as soon as I hear or say anything. Ironically my long term memory is the same as it always was.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi,
My favorite memory "burp" happened just a couple of days ago when I told my partner the sink was a fridge :facepalm:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:11 pm

Love it, Queenie! :lol: hubby stopped me from putting a washing tab into the dishwasher the other day! :banghead: :-D
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:29 pm

:mrgreen: I've often found myself putting dirty plates in the fridge :nono:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby audreyh » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:25 pm

i remember a time when i used to be able to solve any problem. now i look at it and think what is it what do i do etc etc....

my kids get so annoyed at me because i start to tell them something then i go silent and don't finish what i am saying or just walk away not even realizing that i was talking.

its very embarrassing and soul destroying though as you feel you come across stupid or drunk. more so when you cant get the word or you dribble as you speak or the word just wont come out .

oh well. now at least i don't feel i am living in my own little world as others have days like me ..
audreyh
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia