Cold sweats

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cold sweats

Postby Gilly52 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:40 pm

Does anyone suffer with cold clammy sweats in their face ? Very different from hot menopausal sweats, this cold feeling sometimes lasts for hours ???, difficult to deal,with, my face does not look red at all, that way not noticeable to others, so I should be grateful,for that, but I feel very uncomfortable with this feeling plus # concentration is very poor. :crazy:

Hope everyone has a pain free weekend as possible

((( gentle hugs to you all )))

Gilly X
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Re: Cold sweats

Postby ixel-chick » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:16 pm

Are you on any new medication?

When I started on the milnacipran, the first couple of days it felt like my face was completely drenched in cold sweat. :lol: But it was just a feeling, it was dry to the touch, which was bizarre, as I could have sworn the cold sweat was flowing down it, like a waterfall.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Lk6 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:31 am

Hi Gilly yes I get cold sweats very often they are horrible my face can be icy cold yet damp and I get it all over if I exert myself also I am just covered in a cold sweat.i am sorry to say I have had these now for about four years so not looking like it's going to go any time soon on days when I have this if I have go shopping and need to go into the supermarket cold section I feel frozen to the bone it doesn't matter that it could be almost forty degrees outside I still get it, I feel sorry for you as you cannot begin to describe to someone how uncomfortable this is. x
Lk6
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:16 am

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated, it helps so much to know we are not alone.

No I am not on any new medication, but the cold sweat feeling is very bizarre and uncomfortable, it has been happening to me now for a long time, I am into my 14th year with fibro, and the whole illness is still bizarre to me!!!! :(
The good days I admit bring hope and peace, and the bad times will always improve.....it's sometimes when you get no relief, it can become hard to,stay positive....but we have to try.....tomorrow is always a brand new day, and if only something small is achieved....it is a bonus.
Yes, the cold sweats will break out if I try to hurry, especially when energy levels are low.

Alongside fibro, I have an under active thryoid, medication controlled for the rest of my life, but since this was diagnosed, I have struggled in both very hot and very cold weather, my GP told me....your internal thermostat is wonky now, so hey ho, keep taking the tablets.
Being under active makes the body sluggish, with that and Pregablin for fibro pain, I struggle with my weight, if the medication made us feel sooo much better, we would have the energy and motivation to excersise and diet.!!
But I guess that is too much to ask . :(

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend the best you all can :-)

Take care
Gilly x
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia