Temperature

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Temperature

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi everyone,
This isnt a problem at all but I'm just curious, does anyone else have a low body temperature? I suspect it's just my abnormality but it would be interesting to see how common it is amongst fellow fibro sufferers. As I said it's not a problem and, to my knowledge, it's not even a symptom but I'm a curious sort of person!

Gentle hugs xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: Temperature

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi,

Fibro has made my temperature go all wonky to say the least, but prior to that, if I ran a 98.5 temp, I felt like I was on fire. Later I found, through just checking myself randomly, that I usually run low. When I see the GP and they tell me that my temp is normal, I take it with a grain of salt anyway. Ear thermometers are not accurate for anyone with neurological conditions. I am not sure what the list encompasses, but I do think that depression and fibro should be included.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Annie54 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:44 am

This is interesting because I have always had a low "normal" temperature. I got so tired of feeling unwell and then people thinking I was just slacking because my temperature was "normal". It wasn't until I decided to check it myself when I felt OK and realised that it never got up to where it was supposed to be. For some reason though I had not associated it with the later diagnosis of fibromyalgia. It does make sense though that the two may be connected.
Annie54
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:37 pm

My body temp doesn't really change, but I feel hot almost all of the time, even when it's freezing for everyone else. Fibro definitely seems to affect how I process hot/cold, but doesn't change my actual temp.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Annie54 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Just a quick addition to my reply above. I looked at the link to this on post on Facebook and several people mentioned the connection with under active thyroid. I had forgotten this but several years ago when I was diagnosed with this too I looked up the various symptoms and low body temperature is one of them. Hypothyroidism seems to be often connected with fibromyalgia and maybe this is what is causing this for you too.
Annie54
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia