my worst enemy....

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

my worst enemy....

Postby bandj » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Is me!!! I spent 5 hours working on a beaded necklace yesterday (with breaks) and my arthritic right thumb is so painful now. That'll teach me. I was really enjoying making the necklace and am really pleased with the results though. :-) ah wel, just have to leave off craft for a day or two!

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine and has as good a day ax possible x
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Re: my worst enemy....

Postby Mrs gemini » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:40 pm

I've been in the garden today, I get carried away and push myself too far, but I get in the moment and forget to pace myself, I have my ways to do things in the garden that make the job easier for me. I've had a wonderful day in the sun.. but boy oh boy I'm pay for my actions. In a week or so when my body gets back to hurting everywhere and not agony, I'll be out there again pottering, that's if the sun gets out again.
Mrs gemini
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:37 am

Hi bandj,

I think at some point we all do what you have done, but maybe not by being as creative as you...(by the way, when your hands are better please post a picture).

I am really suffering from depression right now, but have been trying real hard to swallow it down and get on with life, which means, over compensating through guilt. I have been running around making sure my daughter, partner, and dogs are happy, and it will knock me out when the adrenaline wears off.

I hope the pain wears off quickly so you can go back to what you love, without over doing it this time! :)

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:11 am

It's so easy to get carried away. I too make jewellery and it's so absorbing you don't realise it's time to stop and have a break. Same with gardening. I've done loads to try and get as much done before the weather changes. Now I'm paying for it. Do we ever learn?
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:16 pm

I just find it so hard to pace myself sometimes! Queenie, I've been where you're at. Slow down, don't wear yourself out because that is probably not what your loved ones want. Sending you a hug :hugs:
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby divingforPearls » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:24 pm

Yes indeed I understand your frustration. I am down to Flippin' reading the piano music instead of playing it :yikes: , and when I go swimming- instead of doing 60 lengths like I did before my now 6 month long ' flare up'- I have to force myself NOT to swim more than 10 lengths and super slowly, whilst everyone else is trying to do more! :roll: I wish more people understood that for us that cope with fb, it takes a lot of strength of will to resist doing what we love. How annoying and unfair etc. etc. etc. etc. Well done for keeping on keeping on.
divingforPearls
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia