Fibromyalgia is not going to limit me!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibromyalgia is not going to limit me!

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:26 pm

Hello there :)

I've started baking my own bread. My arms hurt too much to be able to knead it so I bought a bread maker to do the hard work. Fibromyalgia is not going to limit me! I'm experimenting with new hobbies and blogging about it too: https://clairescomfycorner.wordpress.co ... gs-doughy/

Keep smiling!
Claire :)
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: Fibromyalgia is not going to limit me!

Postby Susan Stokes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:56 am

Good for you Claire. I love your positive attitude, it's the best medicine there is. I've always had hobbies but the one that truly absorbs me and makes me forget everything is making jewellery. It feels so self indulgent doing something for myself but I get such satisfaction and a wonderful sense of achievement.

Well done you, and keep it up.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:30 am

I love your positive attitude Claire! I was very disappointed to see so many negative comments to your post on Facebook - please ignore them and carry on doing what you are doing :-) I know we all feel sorry for ourselves sometimes, and that is only natural. But it is important to be positive and to make the best of what you have - try and adapt to your new situation, rather than give up completely. To anyone who is having problems seeing the positive side of life, please go to your GP because you may have depression and need help to turn things around.

I know we all have problems but we also have a lot to be grateful for - and it is important not to forget that :-) x
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:13 pm

You are a real inspiration, Claire, and I love your positive attitude! My hubby alwsys says pma - positive mental attitude :-) I keep on crafting as it relaxes me and gives me a sense of achievement. I love your photos too, they make me smile. :lol:
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:41 pm

What on earth did people say on FB?! It's not like we need any extra negativity!

I write, it helps as it#'s not only good distraction but I feel worthwhile and achieve something too.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:41 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words. They really mean a lot to me. I don't think we have any other choice than try and be positive, if we don't we give up and I can't do that! Yes the pain can be severe but I'm trying to make the most of any 'good' hours I have.

Thanks again :)

Keep smiling!
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia