Differing Criteria

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Differing Criteria

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Hi guys,

A little nugget of information that I just learned is that American and British Doctors have differing criteria for disorders and conditions.

What this means for us is, when we are looking at articles related to health issues, we need to make sure that we are going to a UK site for their criteria, otherwise it does not apply.

I only found this out by something my daughters doctor mentioned at her appointment. It is across the boards to include, but not limited to; mental health, chronic illness, disorders and syndromes.

The other reason I mention this is, many of the links that are shared on this site are from America. When it comes to research results, that is rote, but for other health issues, i.e., the difference between Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS, the criteria is different, so the article will be different.

I hope this makes some sort of sense. Brain is gone, fingers don't work, and fatigue is draining my life blood...

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Differing Criteria

Postby crazy cat lady » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:39 pm

My Rheumatologist told me to stick to UK websites, not to bother with American ones. :nono:
crazy cat lady
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia