Celebrate each completed day, for that is an accomplishment.

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Celebrate each completed day, for that is an accomplishment.

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:54 am

Hello :)

My latest blog entry is all about Fibromyalgia and celebrating each completed day, for that is an accomplishment in itself :)

https://clairescomfycorner.wordpress.com/

Keep smiling :)
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: Celebrate each completed day, for that is an accomplishm

Postby Annie54 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:15 pm

Brilliant blog entry! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who misses baths! I don't mind showers but sometimes it would be really nice just to have a soak but like you once I'm down I have difficulty getting up!!
Annie54
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:35 pm

It's really frustrating but at least we can have a shower! :) Although I do miss just relaxing in the bath. I bought a foot spa to bathe my feet and that helps with my foot pain.

Have a great day!

Keep smiling :)
Claire
xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:51 pm

We don't actually have a bath in our house (no room) so I have to have a shower! Sometimes it would be nice to have a soak, especially for my neck/back.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Cazham30 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi ladies, has no one offered you a bath lift before? It took a while before I didn't need my boyfriend's help to get me in and out because I couldn't use the remote control, which lowers you into the bath and it can go be tilted backwards to be like a chair. It's completely spongy and causes no pain compared to all the other equipment tried. You do lose some inches because of the equipment but your whole lower body is immersed, arms and if you are able to lie back up to the top of your shoulders. I look forward to my daily morning bath and does wonders for the pain, stiffness, etc. Just a suggestion. I couldn't stand in the bath or our separate shower so it's been the best thing ever for me.
Cazham30
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:58 pm

when i get to the point of getting stuck will be asking my OT for a bath chair like the one we had for my daughter, it inflates to raise you up and deflates, takes up a lot less space in the bath than the seat or hoist type is easy to put in and remove and take with you if you go anywhere, and you can deflate it as little or much as you want best left with a bit of air in it it had a back and head cushion as part of it it was briliant, I used to use it to save having to take it in and out the bath.
galio
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:21 am

Claire I love reading your blog.

As for a bath we don't have one either but when on holiday nothing nicer that a little soak morning and night. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia