new problem!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new problem!

Postby galio » Sat May 02, 2015 10:45 pm

well after seeing doc because my nortryptiline wasnt working any more he wanted to up the dose, i told him i was worried as had a problem a good few years ago when i had a breakdown and was on amitryptline he went daft cos it wasnt on my records and I shouljd never have been given any sort of triptyline after having had a racing heart when on it.
the upshot was that because I was complaining of getting our of breath he gave me a hand held heart monitor and over the last 10 days I have picked up quite a few incidents, I am seeing in again on thursday (hes on holiday till then and i want to see him rather than one of the other docs) he did say that amitryptiline can cause a specific problem to those who are susceptible to them and it sounds like I am one of those people, I ofen have wee dizzy spells that i have put down to the stress i was under when nursing my late daughter and to labrynthitis as it can stirke unexpectedly, Im now thinking that they may actualy be down to my heart! honestly as if we al dont have enough with the fibro our bodies have o keep throwing something else at us!
galio
UKFM Member

Re: new problem!

Postby Barbara H » Sat May 02, 2015 11:30 pm

Hello,

You take it easy, don't do too much and I hope you get sorted out soon, if things get worse see someone straight away. Its never worth leaving things, I have had a whole host of problems and at times it feels like you are never away from the Doctors of Hospitals, but thats what they are there for. Good luck.
Barbara H
UKFM Member

Re: new problem!

Postby Barbara H » Sat May 02, 2015 11:30 pm

Hello,

You take it easy, don't do too much and I hope you get sorted out soon, if things get worse see someone straight away. Its never worth leaving things, I have had a whole host of problems and at times it feels like you are never away from the Doctors of Hospitals, but thats what they are there for. Good luck.
Barbara H
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia