Holiday Insurance??

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Holiday Insurance??

Postby TNK* » Sat May 09, 2015 4:47 pm

we are due to go away later on this year and i dont quite think normal insurance will cover me anymore, we will just get the normal stuff for the rest of the family but am thinking i might need my own?

what does everyone else do?
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: Holiday Insurance??

Postby sue cooper » Sat May 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Hi...I googled medical holiday insurance when we were going to Canada last year, I can't remember which company it was but they had a list of medical conditions they covered with no extra cost & Fibro was on as well as RSD (which I have) I declared my two very dodgy knees & managed to get the insurance really easy and very reasonable...my husbands was more expensivem, he is as fit as a fiddle with no ailments but he was 71yrs so that bumped it up! daft really he is really healthy and I am a wreck! I could have got cheaper and dearer cover but went with one in the middle price range. :goodluck2:
sue cooper
UKFM Member

Postby juliem » Sat May 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Fibro, on its own whilst possibly needing to be declared does not normally affect the price. Often it is just included in the list of illnesses no need to declare.
juliem
UKFM Member

Postby Ivy67 » Sat May 09, 2015 9:40 pm

Why would you need different insurance? Fibro on it's own isn't going to be treatable so I'm not sure why it would be a problem. :crazy:
Ivy67
UKFM Newbie

Postby TNK* » Sat May 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Ivy67 wrote:Why would you need different insurance? Fibro on it's own isn't going to be treatable so I'm not sure why it would be a problem. :crazy:

due to the uncertainess of the condition.

its just something i was thinking about and thought i would ask.....just like anyone with any other condition would ask about something.
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:53 am

When I went to Spain a few years ago, the only thing that the company (RAC) wouldn't cover was depression. Fibro didn't seem to be an issue for them and for a years insurance in was less than £75. That even covered me for skiing!!!! Wish I had tried that now:)

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia