Stiff sore legs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Stiff sore legs

Postby Katjc » Sun May 10, 2015 11:28 am

Hi all
I'm 25& have psoriasis arthritis . I'm now under investigation for something else neurologically . I feel I may have fibromyalgia or Ms/ both.Been told less likely Ms thus far ,but tests will need to be done, it's a worrying time for me.Anyway my question is does anyone suffer from painful stiff legs ? I have had this lately as well as some sporadic twitching.Also what medication can be given for this if any ?im currently not on any Meds for my nerve problems but will be seeing gp as im waiting for neuro appointment at present.ive gone from walking everywhere quick to struggling quite a lot .
Thanks
Kat x x
Katjc
UKFM Newbie

Re: Stiff sore legs

Postby Lucylastik » Sun May 10, 2015 12:18 pm

hi Kat

Yes my left leg is constantly stiff these days especially around the knee joint but also the calf muscle.

At first I thought it was cramp but this was before all the other pains kicked in. I remember telling my hubby that I must have 'pulled a muscle' because i just couldn't walk on my left leg but over time it got more and more constant and the 'pulled muscle' never went away.

I also had for some time, restless leg but again, only in my left leg. I just didn't connect the two symptoms to Fibro/Polymyalgia at the time because I only seemed to get 'kicky leg' as I called it, when I got tired, which again, accelerated over time.

These days, my left leg is in constant pain varying from a dull ache to the kind of chronic pain spasms you get from cramp and sometimes it's so bad it wakes me up in the night.

Added to that the sciatica which returned after a ten year absence, it makes walking very difficult so i tend not to in case I get stuck out in the middle of nowhere with no place to sit down.

I do take Naproxen and Co-codamol prescribed to me but it gives me reflux which i then have to take the Omprezole (also prescribed) but when you also have to take daily meds for other things as well it gets ridiculous so I try not to. However if the pain is increasing I suggest that you tell your GP when you get your neuro appointment through and they should help and advise you properly. :-)
“You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
What mood is that?
Last-minute panic.”

― Calvin & Hobbes.
Lucylastik
UKFM Member

Postby juliekp » Sun May 10, 2015 1:51 pm

Hi. Yes I have these problems. The pain and twitching has been getting g worse. I take naproxen paracetamol codeine and gabapentin. I am back at docs at end of week. Think I'm gonna ask for mri. I'm also getting more pain in my left arm.blike a ripping pain down the whole arm.
juliekp
UKFM Member

Postby Tingitangi » Sun May 10, 2015 3:40 pm

Hello,
I also suffer from sore stiff legs, but only get twitching at night in bed. I find the only way to combat it during the day is to keep moving, if I'm sitting at the pc for long lengths of time I make a point of getting up to stretch and move around. Restless legs can be helped by stretches just before getting into bed, I've heard some swear by Magnesium Spray too. Gentle Yoga helps a lot, if you can motivate yourself to do it that is!

As far as medication goes, I've tried Amitriptyline, but had to stop due to side effects. I am currently trying Lyrica and after pushing through a week or two of insane itching I can honestly say I feel more like my pre-Fibro self. I feel good, the pain is much less than it was!
I hope this helps, and the best of luck to you.
Tingitangi
UKFM Newbie

Postby suzymarsh » Mon May 11, 2015 10:32 am

Hi I also get restless legs, but more so, muscle spasms so intense that I feel my legs are being wrung out and twisted, sometimes it takes ages to get back to normal, I have recently been given ropinirole which is really for parkinsons but I've only been on them for 10 days and already I have noticed a difference, I also take prominent hydrochloride to get some sleep, I am AMAZED that finally I can sleep, not as much as I should but some sleep, I hope this helps, I can't tolerate lots of meds so this is the next step xx
suzymarsh
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia