fed up

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fed up

Postby dizzynan » Tue May 19, 2015 6:03 pm

i am so fed up and tired and am wondering what's the point!
dizzynan
UKFM Member

Re: fed up

Postby juliekp » Tue May 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi Dizzinan. I know how u feel but there is always a point. Always someone that loves u. Always someone u love. Life throws us some obstacles at times but we are strong enough to jump these hurdles. Try not to let it take over. Look in the mirror n shout at it. Tell it that it will not win. Hugs to u. Julie
juliekp
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Tue May 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi Dizzinan,
I'm sorry you're feeling so low. All of us with fibro get low and wonder what it's all for now and again but that won't help you right now. Have you told anyone how you're feeling? What about your doctor, is he/she any help? It might be worth talking to your doctor and see if there is anything they can do to help.
Sending you gentle :hugs:
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Tue May 19, 2015 6:54 pm

I'm sorry too your feeling like that but just focus on the positive and ignore the negative i know if your down the positive feels along way away but trust me its not its proberly all around you. stay strong and don't give in i wouldn't give this thing we have the satisfaction of defeat. every one here is here to help if you r feeling down.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Barbara H » Tue May 19, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi, Sorry your feeling down, its hard we know, definitely no bed of roses, but talk to as many people as possible, moan to everyone you meet if it helps, everyone will understand, especially on here, as we all go through the same type of thing, feelings' emotions and we all wish each other well and try and cheer each other up. Why not ring friends or family up, just talking to others can be great, as you can hear all their good news and funny stories, to try and lift you up.
If you feel like you need to speak to your GP go ahead, tell them how you feel, they are there to help you and give you all the help you need. If you dont get enough help the first visit, go back again.
Are there any Fibromyalgia groups near you where you can talk face to face with people who understand, or even look online to see if there is any organisation you can ring up.
Hope your feeling more positive soon. Best wishes to you. x
Barbara H
UKFM Member

Postby mamamaka » Tue May 19, 2015 10:18 pm

:Fibromyalgia is the second most common rheumatic disorder behind osteoarthritis and, though still widely misunderstood, is now considered to be a lifelong central nervous system disorder, which is responsible for amplified pain that shoots through the body in those who suffer from it. Researchers have analyzed the neurological basis for

If they can find a link or a cause maybe a cure is around the corner. .... hang on in there dizzinan!! :)
mamamaka
UKFM Member

Postby Angie Baby » Wed May 20, 2015 1:53 am

Everyone who is suffering from Fibromyalgia, gets fed up from time to time. At the moment our car's off the road because it needs a new cluch. My husband Al has been really good pushing me around in my wheelchair to get the shopping in. I feel so bad for him and I'm so upset about having to use a wheelchair. I'm 51 and yet I feel like I'm 100! I've had a bad reaction to the new medication lyrica. My face gets red and blotty and feels like it's burning up. My left arm is absolutely killing me. I haven't knocked it but it's so painful to move. I don't like the amount of weight that I've put on. My family say that I look fine and that it's the medication that's helped me to gain weight.
This is lovely of them but it doesn't help me to not get depressed about the weight. I'm 5 " 4 in, and I weigh 16 stones. :-( no matter what I do I can't seem to lose weight! I've had to have my hair cut short because I cannot manage to wash or brush my hair. :oops: I feel like I'm going mad sometimes. :crazy:
Angie Baby
UKFM Member

Postby Paisleyjane » Thu May 21, 2015 1:26 am

Angie baby, this sounds just like me. It's really the pits isn't it. I to have piled weight on, so its meds n pain control or pain and loose weight.
The blues have got me too Dizzinan, but try to hang in there hun it will eventually pass and there will be a brighter day.
There is so much more going on about fibro in just the last couple years, so one fine day things will improve, I refuse to believe any different even with the blues.
Gentle hugs, we can get through it :grouphug:
Paisleyjane
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Sun May 24, 2015 4:00 pm

Hello Dizzinan,

how are you feeling today? I hope that you are feeling a bit better.

thinking of you :hugs:
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia