Swollen Feet

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Swollen Feet

Postby becbob » Fri May 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi all, I haven't been on for a while but now need help or advice. I have just come back from abroad, a short holiday my mother paid for, and whilst away my feet, ankles and hands were physically swollen. With fibro I usually get the sensation of swollen hands etc but without the actual swelling. I arrived home yesterday and my feet and ankles have really swollen up bad. They are extremely painful and the slightlest/lightist touch makes me feel like they are on fire, more than I've ever felt.
Today they have gone down slightly but I have now noticed a small cluster of clear fluid filled blisters/spots on my ankles now and I have no idea what it is.
I am forever putting every ailment down to fibro but my my mum seems ever so worried so of course now I am worrying.
Any help or advice would be gratefully received. I hope you are all as well as can be.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Re: Swollen Feet

Postby bigmommas » Fri May 22, 2015 5:59 pm

my feet and hands are constantly swollen but I agree with your mum if you have just been abroad I wouldn`t leave anything to chance :yikes:
bigmommas
UKFM Newbie

Postby Garyl » Fri May 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Last year my left hand swelled up to twice size, feet always been sore and painful and today my hands are bad and feet is distressing what fibro causes
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby clubsound4 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:04 pm

Hi, I :-) :-) have had really bad swollen feet when I was abroad, my GP gave me water tablets and it went away, then I had reaction to pregablin which can cause extremely bad swelling, but get checked out to be on the safe side,
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby claudine1288 » Fri May 22, 2015 8:47 pm

Agreeing with all other responders: you should check with a doctor, preferably one who knows you. Though I too have fibro and frequently swollen feet (for no apparent reason), every case is different, and you shouldn't leave anything to chance. I'm sure it's not anything serious, but let's be on the safe side. Good luck to you!
;-)
claudine1288
UKFM Member

Postby shazzer67 » Sat May 23, 2015 2:43 pm

My friend, who doesn't have Fibro, actually has people asking if they can touch her feet, as they are so swollen! It's the flying that causes hers.
I have Fibro, and mine swell when I've done more or stood longer than usual.
If it was a DVT you'd likely have a red/warm/hot swollen area, but because you haven't experienced this swelling before, you should get it checked hun x
shazzer67
UKFM Newbie

Postby bandj » Sun May 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Hubby has had very swollen feet and lower legs and has been on diuretics for ages and its starting to improve.
Like everyone else I would advise you to vist your doctor. It might be nothing but please don't leave it. Hooe you get in with the doctor soon.
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia