keeping positive when ill

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: keeping positive when ill

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sun May 31, 2015 12:53 pm

Perhaps use more yoghurt or fruit Dotty to your ice lollies :)

It's meant to be getting hotter at the end of the week - flip flops and sun glasses at the ready :) xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Sarah_89 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:26 pm

dotty lotty wrote:Tried to make the ice lollys and they were horrible :dunno: Very icey I was expecting creamy. Any ideas please for when the summer eventually comes. :teddy-bear:

To be honest I thought they were going to be creamier as well but I still love them! I guess cos they go in the freezer it's difficult to get them really creamy cos they aren't ice cream at the end of the day. I haven't tried any of these ideas yet but I think adding more banana or a creamy thick plain yoghurt or even milk/actual cream or ice cream are some things that I'm going to try so why not try them too! Hope this helps :-)
I am a fibro fighter! :-)

Keep fighting guys and gals and stay strong! Gentle hugs

Sarah x
Sarah_89
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sun May 31, 2015 1:39 pm

I agree Sarah :)

Also using thick Greek yoghurt will make it a little creamier!

I called it creamy as they are not just frozen juice but frozen smoothies - some smoothies are thicker and creamier than others (different fruit, different yoghurts), it's all about experimenting and enjoying (in the sun hopefully!).

Keep smiling :)

Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Sarah_89 » Sun May 31, 2015 4:38 pm

I was thinking of trying thick Greek yoghurt, maybe just a dollop along with a normal or low fat yoghurt because a lot of them aren't very creamy, especially low fat ones for obvious reasons! But if they have a nice flavour then I want to use them & a plain creamy yoghurt will hopefully make a lovely consistency :-).

I also think that even though you might put things in them that aren't exactly low fat like thick, creamy yoghurt, I have found that approx. 200ml of fruit juice, 1 banana, a standard pot of yoghurt (and possibly a dollop of greek yoghurt!) & a handful of fruit pieces makes about 6 ice lollies, possibly more, I guess it depends on the size of the moulds you're using but I personally think the ones I use are the perfect size. Anyway so my point is, they still won't be fattening because you're getting about 1/6 of that per ice lolly. Just a thought lol.

Yes I agree Claire, there is so much experimenting to do!!! Because as you know I am taking them to a family BBQ in a couple of weeks for about 20 people to try. The pressure is on lol!!!
I am a fibro fighter! :-)

Keep fighting guys and gals and stay strong! Gentle hugs

Sarah x
Sarah_89
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia