over 200 symptoms

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

over 200 symptoms

Postby tkent » Tue May 26, 2015 8:25 pm

we all know the many symptoms all to well of fibro, but even I didn't realise that there was over 200 symptoms to such a debilitating condition

follow the link its actually a good read, and an eye opener for those who are trying to understand FM

http://www.inspiredlivingwithfibromyalg ... algia.html
Keep Fighting, Stay Strong !!
Tanya
x
tkent
UKFM Member

Re: over 200 symptoms

Postby rutti » Tue May 26, 2015 9:18 pm

It's amazing I read this list about 2years ago and tonight I look at the same list and see how many more of the symptoms I now have!
rutti
UKFM Newbie

Postby carolad » Wed May 27, 2015 11:47 am

Some of these 'symptoms' are a bit strange....is 'craving carbohydrates' really a symptom? :roll: :lol: I think if you took any random selection of the general population, they would have many of these 'symptoms' so I doubt they can all be attributed to fibromyalgia :-D
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:48 pm

carolad wrote:Some of these 'symptoms' are a bit strange....is 'craving carbohydrates' really a symptom? :roll: :lol: I think if you took any random selection of the general population, they would have many of these 'symptoms' so I doubt they can all be attributed to fibromyalgia :-D

Hmm, yes exactly. Also, a lot of them overlap and shouldn't be listed separately. Things like "Symptoms worsened by stress" is not an actual symptom, and as for "Frequent Sighing"...?!?! :roll:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Sarah_89 » Wed May 27, 2015 7:17 pm

I have just gone through this list counting how many of these symptoms I actually have. And the grand total is... drum roll please... 177 out of 251!!!

I do partially agree with a couple of the posts above saying that people without fibro do get some of these symptoms or that it might not be fibro causing the symptoms. I also agree that some of the symptoms listed were a bit ridiculous but not the ones that are mentioned above. For example 'able to “write” on skin with finger' what does that even mean :-? so I had to disregard ones like this. The list was repetitive so if I felt that a symptom had been mentioned twice or that it was the same thing said in a different way then I only counted it once. There were also a few that I didn't know what they meant & I did look most of them up & decided whether I had them or not or thought I might possibly have them but I don't have an official Dr's diagnosis, but I still included them in the total. oh & there were a few that only applied to men or women so I had to disregard the male ones as well!

However, I do think that some of the symptoms that you wouldn't think would have anything to do with fibro actually are to do with fibro.

I think this can only be taken as a rough guide so I would probably say that I have about 150 out of roughly 200 symptoms. I would definitely say I have more than half.
I am a fibro fighter! :-)

Keep fighting guys and gals and stay strong! Gentle hugs

Sarah x
Sarah_89
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia