2 questions

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

2 questions

Postby Butterfly8588 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi everyone,
Just got a couple of questions for you. Firstly, does anyone else have trouble stretching? I cant point my toes (especially during stretching) otherwise I get terrible cramp in my legs. It also hurts my shoulders if its a big stretch. Does anyone else get this? Do you know why?
Also I always feel tired but I feel more alert at night and struggle to sleep. I've recently found this can be yet another symptom of fibro but does anyone know why? I know it doesn't really matter but I can accept things easier if I understand it.

Thanks for your time xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: 2 questions

Postby TheHud » Thu May 28, 2015 1:46 pm

Butterfly8588 wrote:Hi everyone,
Just got a couple of questions for you. Firstly, does anyone else have trouble stretching? I cant point my toes (especially during stretching) otherwise I get terrible cramp in my legs. It also hurts my shoulders if its a big stretch. Does anyone else get this? Do you know why?
Also I always feel tired but I feel more alert at night and struggle to sleep. I've recently found this can be yet another symptom of fibro but does anyone know why? I know it doesn't really matter but I can accept things easier if I understand it.

Thanks for your time xxx

Lol I had not been able to stretch anyway for years. Once I started on the Lyrica it was the first thing I noticed I could do again. it was a marvel. Normally I would want to stretch and start then feel the cramp getting ready, I would sleep with my toes pointing up. On the day I finally di a massive morning stretch (only 3 months ago) I was so surprised I could not stop babbling to hubby (no one else knew I had Fibro). It was a tiny thing and I can now stretch at will, but it made me very happy. Good luck with the stretching, I would still not risk yoga though the cramps may be reduced but the spasms are still there.

Snap on the night thing too. I suspect it's the thought of trying to get to sleep and what will happen when we do that makes us alert. Torture avoidance!

Yvonne :-D
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu May 28, 2015 5:21 pm

I'm afraid I get these too. Stretching is almost impossible in my top half because I have restricted movement in my neck.

And I can go to bed and then lie there for hours. And even if I get any, still feel tired! It is classic fibro, that.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby bandj » Fri May 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Yep to the stretching! Years ago I did yoga and loved it but can't do it now :( but I enjoy myself in other ways :-D
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia