Dry Eyes

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dry Eyes

Postby kitten » Thu May 28, 2015 4:13 pm

Went for eye test yesterday and have to say this is the most intensive test ever, ( Vision Express ) for months my eyes have been so sore and my vision has been rubbish double vision, glasses never seem to be clear no matter how often I wipe them then started with black dots you know the ones you always want to catch . telling the optometrist actually listen to what I was saying then was asked what if any illness / condition did I have ,told him fibro was so surprised that he has a good understanding of the condition , he explained how eye test can be different from one time to the next, muscle playing up , also how this how dry eyes go along with fibro so now on daily eye drops the most noticeable thing after he put some drops in after a couple of minutes how much clearer my eyes went , :-) :-)
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: Dry Eyes

Postby lizashfield » Thu May 28, 2015 6:01 pm

I had dry eyes before I was diagnosed and when I went to the optician last time, I told him that I had Fibromyalgia. Apparently it is one of the many symptoms (as is a dry mouth). He has advised me to use Systane drops 2 or 3 times per day.
lizashfield
UKFM Member

Postby smig » Thu May 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Thanks for this post, i have had exactly the same problem for ages, i stopped my contacts but even after cleaning my glasses numerous times it was just as bad. I notice towards the end of my working day that they are even worse.

Yesterday i went for Retinopathy for my new best friend Diabetes and i mentioned the Fibro but nothing was said about drops, i will have to mention it to my Dr...To be honest i thought it was the Diabetes causing the eye problems.

Thanks again
smig
UKFM Member

Postby Smurfy » Thu May 28, 2015 9:41 pm

This sounds just like me. My optician suggested Viscotears twice a day, optimist eye spray as and when required and massage eyes with hot cotton pads morning and night. I also find my prescription changes every twelve months or so, which she said is common with fibro. My eyes are so blurred at times, especially when I'm tired. :-D
Smurfy
UKFM Member

Postby Tessa2373 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:17 am

Thank you so much for this. I have had fibro for quite a while with many symptoms affecting me but I've also been suffering with dry eyes as well and never thought it was anything to do with the fibro. I haven't been able to wear my contact lenses for ages now because it's so bad. Will visit optitions now and ask for advice. Thank you xx
Tessa2373
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat May 30, 2015 1:58 pm

Been on the eye drops since Thursday and the difference it has made , can see things so much clearer , and have only cleaned my specs once today, :-D normally it can be on off, on off, then get irritable because no matter what I have tried they are just the same

Hope you all have the same results with the drops
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby Dog Lady » Sat May 30, 2015 11:09 pm

I get dry sore eyes too and I had to stop wearing my contacts but I've got back on them again. I was wearing monthly disposable ones and I'm now on Daily's, the ones you are supposed to be able to sleep in. I can only wear them from 8 til 4 otherwise they tell me it's time to remove them, if you know what I mean. I'm just glad to be able to wear them again. I used opticrom in my eyes.
Dog Lady
UKFM Member

Postby changeoflife » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:17 pm

It's strange hearing someone has the same problem as me, thought I was going mad, for at least 8 months or so now I've had a black spot falling from top to bottom in my right eye! Dont know what this means. I've only ever had one eye test, that was about 2 years ago, and was given glasses for long distance. Struggling lately with reading and very blurry vision at times, also very dry eyes.
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:23 am

My eyes stream in cold and windy weather....apparently this is because I have dry eyes :crazy:
carolad
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia