more questions??

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

more questions??

Postby sheppy » Fri May 29, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi just a quick question, does fibro get progressively worse over time, just reading about people who has it that have it bad in their legs, mine aren't that bad just yet, but I know when I've done too much walking they ache and get pins and needles and restless, x
sheppy
UKFM Member

Re: more questions??

Postby Garyl » Fri May 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Sheppy i have had fibro for 7 + years and sorry it does get worse, i am suffering more and more typing this i am in agony and have had all pain relief for the day until my bed time pain relief..

I am learming to cope but it is hard
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby sheppy » Fri May 29, 2015 8:27 pm

I thought it might, it's only past 4 weeks its got to my legs, it was always my top half but docs for years said it was just muscular, am on sick at the moment but have to go back in a week, but my job is doing home care and driving most of the day to customers houses, just don't know how am gonna do it if struggling with the fibro x
sheppy
UKFM Member

Postby Otter65 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi

I find mine goes in cycles it will be manageable for months what I call back ground pain always there but drugs and pacing myself means I can keep going then :banghead: :hit1: :bricks:

Nothing will touch the pain I can't think clearly and nowhere is comfortable and this is becoming for frequent so yes unfortunately it does seem to get worse overtime

all you can try to do is stay positive and just take each day as it comes

:grouphug:
Otter65
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Sat May 30, 2015 11:03 am

In my experience it does get worse. I was diagnosed over 20 years ago and I managed to continue working full time for 10 years, by which time I was having more and more time off. Eventually I took early retirement and now, as I look back, I can see a steady deterioration. Each year there seem to be more symptoms to 'collect', and each year I am less able to do what I did the year before. However, we are supposed to put a brave face on and carry on, keep positive, and not moan about our problems. Thank goodness for this site, it certainly helps to know that at least someone out there understands.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby sarahsnow » Sat May 30, 2015 3:48 pm

Sheppy, i was working as a home carer till things kicked off big time!!! I had prob been ill for sometime but never noticed the probs just puttin them down to somethin else. I was signed off sick in july2013 and have not been back too work since. I know that I wouldnt be able to drive the 100/200 miles aday, get up off the floor (struggle doin daughters bum!!), I struggle with my own p/c yetalone tryin to do someone elses!!! Before goin back speak to your manager/teamleader to see if they can help.
sarahsnow
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia