Homemade gifts to keep me motivated

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Homemade gifts to keep me motivated

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri May 29, 2015 9:03 pm

Living on my own in London is expensive and I'm trying to be frugal and look at homemade ways of doing things. My friends are getting lots of homemade gifts as I experiment with different hobbies (my little challenges that keep me motivated and also take my mind off the pain!).

Again, I've been blogging about what I'm up to:
http://clairescomfycorner.com/2015/05/2 ... ade-soaps/

Thanks for all the support and wonderful feedback I've been getting. Please share your ideas for homemade gifts.

Keep smiling :)
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: Homemade gifts to keep me motivated

Postby Otter65 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:12 pm

Claire

I agree that making things helps keep you motivated and help to take your mind off the pain

I mainly knit for the Samaritan Purse which is shoe boxes so spend my time knitting woolly hats and gloves bags and purses

otherwise I think I would either spend my evening asleep or going mad

:-)

Sarah
Otter65
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri May 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Wow! A worthy cause :)

We need to keep our minds active even when we aren't very active. Sometimes I lie here making plans for when I have a good few hours or even a good day :)

Keep smiling!
Claire
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Timelordess » Fri May 29, 2015 9:55 pm

I've recently got into sewing! I used to make cards, but I can't cut them anymore as my hands seize up, but sewing doesn't need me to clench hands at all. So take classes on a Friday, just bought my first pattern, a dolls dress for my daughters 18" doll. Also starting to learn how to make curtains next Friday. XoxoX
Just an idea Hun xx
Timelordess
UKFM Newbie

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri May 29, 2015 10:06 pm

It's definitely an idea for the future! My mum loved to sew and always made our curtains.

I hope they turn out fantastic :)
xx
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Sat May 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Claire,
I've always wanted to tfy soap making! Thank you for the instructions, I may get round to it one day.

I'm going to make beaded baubles for our local hospice this summer :-D
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia