Horrible feeling in arm and leg

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Horrible feeling in arm and leg

Postby davidb75 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:19 pm

Hello im quite new to the forum so please forgive me if this has been covered already.

Over the last few weeks i have been getting a feeling only down the right side of my body that where my arm and leg feels very weak and a bit like when you wake up with a dead arm and it comes back to life.This is all the time,not just at night or when im laid down
The feeling also makes my arm and leg twitch like restless leg syndrome,also sometimes my knee will collapse without warning.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
davidb75
UKFM Newbie

Re: Horrible feeling in arm and leg

Postby Baby-Hedgehog » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:32 pm

I know exactly what you mean David - I get it all the time. One thing that's helped me (especially with the restless leg thing - along with muscle twitches) is taking Magnesium + Zinc - might be worth a try.

Re the limbs giving way, unfortunately a very normal side effect when fibro is at it's worst - rest up as much as possible, but keep active when you can.... it's hard, but you have to find a balance that works for you

Hope things improve xx
Baby-Hedgehog
UKFM Member

Re: Horrible feeling in arm and leg

Postby jrules1fair » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi i experienced the same recently but mine was after an accident a couple of weeks ago the local a and e department thought I had had a head injury or a stroke but couldnt find anything
jrules1fair
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia