feeling silly!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

feeling silly!!

Postby sarahsnow » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:21 pm

Ordered some grabrails for the bathroom...my husband put them up for me today. One of them was easy to get in the right place...but my husband then asked me where should the one on the back wall go to help me get into the bath for a shower...he said how do I get in now...well...I stood there for about 15mins trying to work out how I do get in...I could not figure it out...an I do it every day....was in tears and felt so stupid just could not remember how to do it!!! FOG HIT AGAIN!! :crazy: :cry: !!
sarahsnow
UKFM Member

Re: feeling silly!!

Postby iblinkin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi sarahsnow, I'm so sorry to hear you're this upset over this, please be careful as one of our triggers for our flares are our emotions and i know too well how that works. :yikes:

Myself i know that when someone is standing around me when i try to do something, i become all fumbly and lose cntrol. It's a terrible feeling and i try to control it by slowing myself down some and try to focused more on the task at hand.. i know not easy. :roll:

We come with what i like to call extra sensory senses, (hearing, sight, touch, and sound) because it seems we are always on and aware of too many things at once and with your hubby there that was all the distraction you needed possibly?

Maybe looking back at it one day you may hopefully find some in humour in this upsetting moment and be able to laugh and throw it in the waste basket where it belongs.

Laughter, one of our best friends. :-)

Gentle hugs and thoughts.
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:52 pm

We all do silly things but I find it's best to walk away and return to it later. I frequently forget how to turn off a tap and yesterday I wrote out a cheque then couldn't sign my name. (There are, of course, some things you can't walk away from.) Please don't get upset, try to laugh at yourself instead.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby sarahsnow » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Cheers for that guys!!! Am laughing now!! On the plus side I remebered how to get in this mornin an hubby had put the grab rail in the right place!!! :welldone: :chicken-dance:
sarahsnow
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:04 pm

@ sarahsnow, your happiness just made my day! I'm glad everything worked out for you. :-D
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia