Am lost, what do I do now?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Am lost, what do I do now?

Postby steffard » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Hiya everybody, I have recently joined this forum and never been a part of one before, and thought it might be good to read about other people struggles.and strengths and realise I am not alone in this!!I am 32, try to work full time as my brain says I can do any job I please, yet my body keeps failing me.

I have had many different disgnosises over the years until we finally agreed with a rheumatologist that I have fibro. Anyway, my point is when my condition was labelled as analysing spondylitis, I was in receipt of the higher mobility rate of DLA and middle rate care, which meant I had a car to get around to hospital appointments etc, then after 5yrs it came up for renewal BUT the doctors had changed my diagnosis from As to chronic back and muscle pain, and my DLA renewal was refused and have been fighting it since, and has been nearly two years since the decision to not renew it, and have appealed it, been to tribunal and still not got anywhere, even though during the time between decision and appeal I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia,

I have now missed my deadline to appeal the appeal hearing and go to higher tribunal, but I need advice on where to go now! I will have to reclaim it, but feel I was refused as they would have to have paid massive back payments. Please help me out here people, much love and thanks

Steffard

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split larger paragraph into smaller ones for easier reading.
steffard
UKFM Newbie

Re: Am lost, what do I do now?

Postby KenRP » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi Steffard.

There is lots of advice and help here.

http://www.fightback.boards.net/forum
KenRP
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Michelle at fightback should be able to sort this for you they are very good, but now seems benefit agency are causing them problems, but get in touch see what they can do
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby susaneyre » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 pm

I have asked Fight back to help me on several occasions and they have not got back to me with anything :oops: I am also desperate for help with my appeal if youfind a organisation that will help you can you let me have the details please :-P
susaneyre
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia