Sleeping and new pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sleeping and new pain

Postby Walrus » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:17 pm

Is it normal for fibro sufferers to sleep excessively? Most days I sleep until about 11am, although some days it has been 3pm. I still go to bed atebout 11pm and sleep all night. If I get up at a reasonable time in the morning I have to have a nap in the afternoon - a nap that lasts about 3 hours. :sleep:

At the moment I am on Duloxetine 40 mg once a day and Pregabalin 100 mg 3 times a day and slowly increasing this. The Dr doesn't want to prescribe painkillers until these medications have settled so I am taking ibuprofen and co-codamol to keep the pain in check , although this doesn't control it completely.

My usual symptoms are extreme fatigue and stiffness all over with associated muscle pain. Today I have severe shooting pains in my left leg, is this another thing I have to get used to? Can anyone suggest what else I can take for the pain :?:
Walrus
UKFM Member

Re: Sleeping and new pain

Postby Tessa2373 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Tramodol is good for fybro pain and taking magnesium daily can help. But everyone is different. I go through cycles of needing to sleep a lot to not being able to sleep at all. I'm tired all the time but get sudden severe bouts of fatigue where my limbs feel like they are filed with led. I get shooting pains in various parts of my body at times. Hope you get some help soon xx
Tessa2373
UKFM Member

Postby murph » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:00 pm

hi there hope this helps ,I too have about the same as u .my doctor as given me mirtazapine and amitriplytine and co-codomol also suffer with extreme fatigue, in the early stages with doctors to be honest I don't think they know how to treat u it just seems to be trail and error with them. stick to a routine same everyday and if u need a nap take one don't fight it it will only get worse and hopefully u will get to point where meds do help
murph
UKFM Newbie

Postby carolad » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:05 pm

Walrus wrote:Is it normal for fibro sufferers to sleep excessively? Most days I sleep until about 11am, although some days it has been 3pm. I still go to bed atebout 11pm and sleep all night. If I get up at a reasonable time in the morning I have to have a nap in the afternoon - a nap that lasts about 3 hours. :sleep:

At the moment I am on Duloxetine 40 mg once a day and Pregabalin 100 mg 3 times a day and slowly increasing this. The Dr doesn't want to prescribe painkillers until these medications have settled so I am taking ibuprofen and co-codamol to keep the pain in check , although this doesn't control it completely.

My usual symptoms are extreme fatigue and stiffness all over with associated muscle pain. Today I have severe shooting pains in my left leg, is this another thing I have to get used to? Can anyone suggest what else I can take for the pain :?:

I think not being able to sleep is the more usual problem, rather than sleeping too much :lol: I survived for years on around 3-4 hours sleep a night. But with the help of Amitriptyline, I now get between 4 and 5 hours sleep.

It sounds like you aren't getting the right quality of sleep though, since you are sleeping a lot but still feel tired...
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Redminx » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:29 am

Hi every one I am knew and just posting for the first time.
I am from North Ayrshire, the west coast of Scotland. I was diagnosed with fibro after 5 years of various tests and having to give up work. I have now had this condition for nine years. When I first went on Amytriptyline it didnt work until i went up to 50mg a nite. Over the years i have had to increase to 75mg and I try and get bck down as I hate taking medication. I am also on co-codomol and ibrufen. I also have bouts where i cant sleep for days as the pain is too much and also bouts of periods where im so fatigued i need to nap through the day as my muscles are like lead.
my left leg gets pins and needled or a feelin like someone has tied an elastic band round my thigh.
I get periods of depression but keep this quiet as I dnt want to worry those close to me.
I am trying to work more but have to hid the fact I need to go home and lie down for an hr.
I get IBS symtoms and had severe panic attacks in the past but now just a sense of uneasiness.
I know exercise and eating healthy and watchin my weight greatly helps but at the moment ive slipped as ive jusy felt down but hopin this week will get me going again
Redminx
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia