Flare of all flares!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Flare of all flares!

Postby judipat » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi,
I have been going through this flare for the last week or so. I've had pain in my left leg on and off for ages and thought it was my hip(i have oesteo arthritis in it). Went to my doc who sent me to physio. Physio said it was fibro related, explained it was like a "knot" like you get in your neck etc - he knew exactly where to press and i nearly hit the ceiling! Anyway, he massaged it and gave me excercises. However, over the weekend, its just got worse, to the point i've had to resort to crutches. Feels like my leg could give way any minute - and i can only describe the pain as like constant bad cramp - driving me nuts. I do feel quite low too as i cant do anything without aggravating it. Sorry, but thats my rant for the day!
judipat
UKFM Member

Re: Flare of all flares!

Postby TheHud » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Are you taking pregablin?

If not now may be the time to start, it helps me and i can boost it right up when the dreaded pain starts to become unmanageble.

Good luck
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby divingforPearls » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:57 am

Hi,

I tend to come to this forum when I'm flaring up to know that I'm not alone in coping with this constant and debilitating pain, so thanks for your 'rant', now I know it's not just me! I hope you are managing your life around your pain well today! I had to drive for over half an hour yesterday and now my hands are buggered. But I have to go to work tomorrow so I'm just resting them and WILLING them to be a bit better by then.... :crazy:
divingforPearls
UKFM Member

Postby judipat » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your replies - I have made a docs appointment for next week, going to talk to him about meds and possible xrays/MRI etc. I find the problem with fibro is that everything gets put down to it. I know that more than likely it is, I suppose I would just like that reassurance. My legs are a little better as long as I dont use them too much lol - great!!!
judipat
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia