I'm back!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm back!

Postby dinkydo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:51 pm

Hi everyone. I haven't been on here for quite a while as I was managing to live and work with my Fibro fairly well. I was diagnosed in 2008 and after taking various meds I chose to take ibuprofen. The prescription drugs were causing side effects. I am now having a really bad flare up and am feeling so unwell. I had my first visit with a rheumatologist yesterday and she said there were white blood cells in my urine. She has sent it off to the lab for further testing. She also got the nurse to do a full blood count and told me to exercise. Yeah right! I work full time have a family and home to look after, so where do I find the time and energy to do anything else. Is there anything as rheumatologist can really do to help or can anyone else offer some words of wisdom please.
dinkydo
UKFM Member

Re: I'm back!

Postby Jasperheidi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:41 am

Hi. Sorry u r unwell. Beware of excessive ibuprofen. It can upset tummy. U need to take a proton pump inhibitor such as protium as well. Your immunity may be low so take a multivitamin. Get fasting iron bloods done to rule out iron overload. I was misdiagnosed with fms n actually hav haemochromatosis. Symptoms v similar. Exercise excellent 4 fms, even 10 mins daily walk or pilates but exacerbates haemochromatosis. Hope this helps
Jasperheidi
UKFM Member

Postby TheHud » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:46 am

Hi

if you have white blood cells in your urine it is most likely (as you know) a simple infection. They will be trying to cultivate any to find out if that is the cause and what anti biotic you need. Sometimes if its a bad infection you could get sweats, chills, pain in your back and generally be very unwell.

Take paracetamol and you do need to take some kind of stomach protector if you take ibruprofen regularily. I take omeprazole.

If your flair up is a step up in fibro terms, you do need to reconsider things like pregablin/lyrica and remember with any tablets it can take your body months to adjust but usually it will.

As for excercise, I think they assume we sit on our arses all day. Even hoovering is exhausting and comes under excersise, so like you say looking after a family will keep you moving.
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby Tessa2373 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:10 am

I also am finding magnesium very helpful xx
Tessa2373
UKFM Member

Postby dinkydo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:16 am

Thank you for getting back to me. Very much appreciated :-)
dinkydo
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia