Swollen neck glands

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Swollen neck glands

Postby Lillie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:21 am

Hi there,
I am waiting for diagnosis for FM and trying to get used to all the symptoms that come my way, (if thats what it is) Could someone tell me whether swollen glands at the back of the neck is one of the symptoms? its the glands on the hair line, one flared up last week and now the other has now they are sore. I am not too bad with my other symptoms at the mo so can't understand why they have flared up or is that the way it is, just randomness all the time? Its impossible to get an appointment at my doctors and I would rather have some idea than worry, thanks in advance:)
Lillie
UKFM Newbie

Re: Swollen neck glands

Postby TheHud » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:08 am

Hi

what makes you think the diagnosis will be Fibro, there are many things that mimic this syndrome. try not to pre empt what may or may not come :) The nodes on the back of your neck will be lymph nodes and you must have them looked at separate to any fibro issues. I have random and permanent swollen nodes on my neck, plus glands, but that is because I am permanently reacting to inflammation caused by various auto-immune based issues. It could be an infection or even a virus.

When do you see the doc, only ever say what you have now and please don't think you will have any of the issues you see us posting on here, everyone is different and you may not have fibro. Even if you do it could be many years or never before you end up with everything.

Good luck :)
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby Lillie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:38 pm

Sorry I was probably a bit hasty in my post this morning as I was off to work. The doctor thinks I have FM and I have got a referral, so as I said thats if it is FM as I am not sure myself anyway. The reason I was asking was because my doctors is a nightmare to get an appointment( normally have to wait 3/4 days) with and I was just wandering if anyone suffered the same symptom as this is a new one for me. I know it can relate to other things, just wanted to rule it in or out:) Thank you for the advice much appreciated:)
Lillie
UKFM Newbie

Postby kitten » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi Lillie

I was diagnosed with Fibro 4 years ago and the glands in both sides of the front of my neck just near the ears, are and always have been sore to touch , some days worst than others also at the back of the neck when I asked my friend ,who is a nurse she mentioned that they usually flare up if you are getting sore throat, earache , virus ,well I don't have earache that's probably the only thing I don't have. and don't get a lot of sore throats and come to think of it I don't seem to pick up a lot of virus's that seem to be about

I am convinced its part of my fibro any way, but as we all know no two people will all have the same symptoms

Good Luck with your appointment
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby Lillie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Thanks for replying Kitten:) No I do not have any other symptoms either. Which is why I wandered if it maybe a symptom of FM, then again I know its different in everybody. I am just learning about it all in case that is what I have as doctors have been very vague and I am one for getting as much info as I can as I have been suffering with 'something' for nearly a year. Hope you are on a good day KItten:)
Lillie
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:15 am

HI,

Swollen glands, not just on the neck, but also under your arms are a very common symptom of fibro. I used to think that I was getting all sorts of infections, and my last visit to the GP I told her about the ones under my arms and she just nodded and confirmed that it is all part and parcel of the condition.

Good luck. I hope it isn't this, but if it turns out is is, the people on here are great to vent to, talk to, and just share thoughts with.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Icarus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:57 pm

I don't think I get them in the neck. At least, I've never noticed it! But I have felt swollen glands under my arms that can occasionally ache a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eBay store: One.Stop.Warehouse

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell, I know right now you can't tell. But soon enough, you're gonna think of me. And how I used to be...me
- Matchbox Twenty: 'Unwell'
Icarus
UKFM Member

Postby Lillie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi all and thank you for the response:)
I went to the doctors yesterday and she said not to worry unless they are still there in 3 weeks. She said its a good sign if they hurt, its the ones you don't that would need checking. Said I had a slight temperature as well although I feel fine. So will just wait until my referral in July now:)
Lillie
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia