mixed answers

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

mixed answers

Postby sheppy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:41 pm

i have decided to go back to work but only doing average 18 hous a week from full time, been told i can claim some disability with fibro, but hubby has a good job, a prison govenor, so people say cant claim anything with his good wage, which is true....
UKFM Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 12:21 pm

Re: mixed answers

Postby migrembe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:01 pm

You may be able to claim Personal Independence payments (PIP) or Disability Living Allowance (DLA) depending on which one is available in your area. It is not based on income, whether yours or your spouse/partners.

UKFM Member
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:23 am

Re: mixed answers

Postby TheHud » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:47 pm

You can can ESA, contribution based, if you are not in work. The aim of most of us is the get in the support group of ESA so we have to choice to do work upto 14 hours minimum wage etc. I want to try and do something but suspect I will not get support group ESA. I am on contributions ESA until the assessment is over.

PIP is about how much personal care you need, not the level of disability. If you can work but require someone to assist you in your everyday life, PIP is the way.

However, if you state you need help and then go to work and do not need any help, PIP is not for you.
UKFM Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests