Constant moving stabbing pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Constant moving stabbing pain

Postby bunkin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:15 pm

I have been told I probably have fibro but because I have alot of herniated discs in all of my spine they can't be sure that my symptoms/pain are not from that so I can get no further with a diagnosis.

This has been going on for past 15 years and there is rarely a day where I do not have stabbing pains somewhere in my body. They usually last a few days in one place then move to another place. I can barely move when I get out of bed in the morning and have to get u at least 2 hrs before I need to leave the house so that I am mobile. I also wake every 2-3 hours in the night and hav always done so. I have tmj problems and hypothyroidism.

Whatever I do physically I hurt the next day so for example if I hold a pair of scissors for more than a few mintues then the next day my hand/fingers will be painful etc etc, It feels as if I am constantly daily injuring myself.

I also get very tender patches of skin that feels like I am going to get shingles but only lasts a day or two and then goes away, sometime sI cannot bear my clothes on the area.

I am constantly being sent for tests because of the pain so they can rule out other causes which makes me seem like the worlds worse hypochondriac!

Painkillers don't help at all so far I have tried dyhyrocodeine and paracetamol. Even at max dose the codeine does not help and neither does tramadol.

Sorry for the moan but does anyone relate to my story and they have fibro.
bunkin
UKFM Newbie

Re: Constant moving stabbing pain

Postby iblinkin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi bunkin, you sure do have a lot going on here and my heart breaks for you because i know what you are going thru. I have cronic fibro myself and i have to say that it's quite possible that you have more than fibro going on here!

The thyroid will cause symptoms very similar to fibro and that's one thing they look for when checking for fibro, but i think you may have both issues going on here and please keep in mind i am not a Dr., just a lot of experience with fibro and i try and be very proactive in trying to find out what works for me.

Deterioration of the discs and spine are common symptons with fibro and i know personally about that too! :(

Going for an MRI next month and Dr. now talking surgery.

I changed my diet and have had some success with this and i am off most of my meds. Are you taking any supplemental vitamins such as vitamin D and B's? Very important with this condition and they do make a big difference in how feel!

Do some research online and try to learn as much as possible about fibro and i would suggest that you assume that you do have fibro and it would be a good idea to be tested for your hormone levels and vitamin D and yes D is a hormone and fibro affects these and if it comes back that you are low then that's a sure sign that it's fibro and do not take vit D pills as they do not work as well as the liquid drops.

Good luck and i hope this helps you find the answers that you require.
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby bunkin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:42 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have been tested for vitamins etc and my vitamin d levels are normal ( I take a supplement). My thyroid is within normal limits on my tablets as well. I take quite alot of vitamins, complete b/zinc/magnesium/selenium/q10/eye vits/garlic. My blood tests are always normal as are inflammation markers.

I was 4 stones overweight all my life ( lovely thyroid) but back in November last year I reduced my calorie intake to 1500 cals a day and improved my diet and have now lost 25lbs but I am wondering if the losing weight is whats making me worse rather than better.

As I said painkillers don't help the stabbing pains but I have just today found that diazepam helps it wonderfully! I tried 4mg for frist time today and the pain went, just waiting now to see if it comes back when the diazepam wears off. There will be an explanation for this I am sure!
bunkin
UKFM Newbie

Postby Redminx » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:18 am

Hi whats the best vitamin supplements to take for fibro?
Redminx
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia