Distraction techniques

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Distraction techniques

Postby Nellyphant » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:15 pm

What do you do to detract from the pain. I'm struggling big time tonight and don't know what to do with myself.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Re: Distraction techniques

Postby changeoflife » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:28 pm

I usually run the bath and switch on my £20 bargain from ebay, jacuzzi bubble bath and a glass of wine. Sit and have a good cry and feel sorry for myself. Or chocolate and glass of wine and a bit of a rub down with some tiger balm :lol:
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:33 pm

I often feel that I don't know what to do with myself, move around from room to room, curl up on the sofa, get up....... In my more rational moments I make jewellery.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby UnderSiege » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:54 pm

I'd do some gaming, reading, film/boxset watching or listen to music.

But the gaming, reading and watching is out because I either have fbro fog or am left too stressed out to concentrate and if I listn to music I can't hear my family coming to give me grief so that's out too. haven't done anything for 2 months but sit and rage. no good.

Today I feel so ill... like I felt the day I left my wife after months of physical andmental abuse. the police were so concerned that day that they took me to hospital and it was several weeks until I could get through a whole day again. My skin was yellowy green.
I'm thinking of the hospital now or to get sectioned but can't even get through the house without spinning out
besides what can they do?
I think i'm over th shock of my awakening this morning I stopped shaking but I hurt and head thumps and can't keep warm and eyes won't stay open.

why me?
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia