Choosing Mobility Schooter. Recommendations?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Choosing Mobility Schooter. Recommendations?

Postby changeoflife » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:24 am

Morning all. My husband finally dragged me into a mobility shop to look at scooters on Saturday, I had a go on the Aerolite +, I wouldn't buy from a shop as I realise they charge way over what I would pay second hand else where. I'd like something that we can take in car with us for those days (most weekends) when I struggle to keep going. I don't know if any of you have found the travel ones to be a bit like driving a mini :yikes: I've had to sell my beloved sports car, so think I deserve some payback :mrgreen:
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Re: Choosing Mobility Schooter. Recommendations?

Postby Crystal pink » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Hi Changeoflife,

Snap! I spent an hour or two searching for the lightest TRAVEL Scooter just last night.. I saw the aerolite and quite fancied that one myself. I also came across one that fitted into a holdall!! I googled them. There were videos of dismantling to go into car boot and assembling again. I've also viewed a Quingo? Quango? It comes with ramps and is remote controlled to drive itself up ramps into car boot - says it goes into a Ford Fiesta. Being a woman alone, and with limited strength, I cannot pick heavy ones up into/out of hatchback. The holdall one was made up of tubular pipes mainly, I would worry about uneven paths/pavements, I feel I would need to test that out for sturdiness. Many of them are ok IF you have someone with you to help with the lifting. Yes, I've been studying them for a while now, as yet I've not taken the plunge.

Go Google.. watch some video demos. BTW, some were priced at just over £300.. much cheaper than many I've seen.

Why I emphasised the TRAVEL scooter is because I answered a question - Which one would suit my needs. As I only wanted one to take in my car for days out etc, not for road use, the TRAVEL was the one that suited my needs.

Good luck with your search.
Crystal pink
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia