swollen lower back

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

swollen lower back

Postby happychicken » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:46 pm

i am having trouble this week normal to have daily back and hip pain but right now its worse ever and nothing is helping

my hubby has notice my lower back is swollen anyone else had this?

thanks
happychicken
UKFM Member

Re: swollen lower back

Postby UnderSiege » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:27 pm

Hi Happychicken.

I get a lot of pain concentrated around the same area myself. Osteoarthritis at sacro-iliac joints since 18 which has since spread up, down and around and was a major issue long before the Fibro reared it's greedy head (I'm 38 now btw)
I'm sure that when it's really raging and burning away that it gets swollen to some extent, though it's hard to tell with that area being away around the back and out of sight... (Also an extra pain trying to apply gels and such to my back... I tried putting it on the wall and rubbing myself on the wall among other weird ideas but no luck lol)
Anyway, I digress... does it feel hot to touch at all? Might be inflammation but then again could just be a Fibro thing (but isn't that kind of like inflammation though?) Try some ibuprofen gel and see how it goes, it's worth a try. If that doesn't help see the doc... I don't know what harder or more powerful gels or creams there are but I've been prescribed Feldene and Naproxen gels at various times and they can take the edge off at least.

Good luck, I hope you get it fixed. I know what an awful grind it can be.

Take care.
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia