Pain in glutes/thighs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain in glutes/thighs

Postby L1nda » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:26 pm

I have had fibro for quite a few years now but lately I am having real problems sitting, driving, etc. The very tops of my legs into my bum-cheeks (sorry for that visual!!) are so painful. Does anyone else get this and have you found any pain relief that works please?
L1nda
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pain in glutes/thighs

Postby brawny » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:58 pm

Yes I suffer from this all the time. I go through stages with it. I have a few weeks respite then it comes back. It is one of my worst symptoms as I struggle to sit, struggle to stand. Sometimes it is like an extreme soreness...I can only imagine it must be what bedsores feel like. Unfortunately I haven't yet found anything that works. I spend all my time hotching around to get comfortable.
brawny
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:40 am

It could be tightness in your piriformis muscle - massage is the best way to release this. You can do it yourself using a tennis ball :-) Google it to see how to do it but basically it involves pressing the sore bit into a tennis ball and this will help the muscle relax. It is painful to do but it is a 'good' pain because it feels better afterwards!
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Jan777 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:07 am

I was so relieved to see this about pain in gluteal and leg muscles. I have been battling with fibromyalgia for many years which I have been able to manage fairly successfully but this is a new very severe symptom for me. I have had very painful hamstrings, quad muscles and gluteus for about four weeks now and can hardly walk. I feel as is I have run a marathon.It is so painful...very difficult to move position...sitting to standing is very painful.I also have worse pain in my upper arms and shoulders and am wondering if this could now be polymyalgia but my blood tests are normal with no inflammation markers. I am determined to be positive in order to reduce this latest flare up....trying to rest as much as possible...x
Jan777
UKFM Newbie

Postby Patsb » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:57 pm

I've had this 24/7 for 4 yrs I could. Cry with the pain. I no longer walk I shuffle.so far no remedy :( :evil:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby brawny » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:18 pm

This is why it upsets me so much when some doctors just wave it away like they do. I understand it's an illness people find difficult to understand but I dare anyone to try and walk in our shoes...or not as the case may be. I take tramadol slow release so try to only take one during the day and the same with the pregabalin but when this pain gets really bad I have to temporarily add in the extra and naproxen too. It does take the edge off. I usually drop it back off when it settles.
brawny
UKFM Member

Postby L1nda » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:42 pm

Thanks for responding everyone. I hate moaning, I hate fibromyalgia, I hate arthritis, I hate restless legs, I hate sleep apnoea, I hate my cpap machine and I hate being overweight! On a brighter note - I love my dog. :-D
L1nda
UKFM Newbie

Postby L1nda » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:45 pm

carolad wrote:It could be tightness in your piriformis muscle - massage is the best way to release this. You can do it yourself using a tennis ball :-) Google it to see how to do it but basically it involves pressing the sore bit into a tennis ball and this will help the muscle relax. It is painful to do but it is a 'good' pain because it feels better afterwards!

Thanks Carolad. I'll try that!
L1nda
UKFM Newbie

Postby Angie Baby » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:15 am

Hi, I too suffer from pain in my glutes and thighs. I've had to use a wheelchair because I cannot walk without being in constant excruciating pain! My fibromyalgia has gotten worse. Every step I take is unbearable. I'm having a ramp fitted to my front door so that it's eaiser for my wheelchair and myself to get out together.

I hate being like this! I've got no energy, I don't sleep well at night! I've lost interest in a lot of thing's! Life's one long hard struggle but I don't like the alternative! Gentle hugs everyone. :roll: :grouphug: :hugs:
Angie Baby
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia