Nerves maybe?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nerves maybe?

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:44 am

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I have, or has the same thing. Basically my fibro seems to have moved to my arms now, about 5 weeks ago my left arm started hurting for no reason round the elbow. It's a really horrible pain that starts at the inside of my elbow and moves down my arm into my hand and fingers. I occasionally get tingling in my fingers and they sometimes feel a little stiff. Pressure makes it worse as does any stimulation of the skin round the area. This pain is accompanied by some weakness to but I figure thats cos of the pain. My right arm has something similar but to a lesser degree.
I've written it off as one of those things but the last 10 days or so I've started to get worse problems in my legs. My right leg in particular has god awful pain from mid back, through my bum/hip area, down my leg, into my knee whicb is really bad and then down the inside of my lower leg into my ankle my foot and toes. I've had some tingling and numbness and This again is happening in both legs but it's worse in the right this time. The pains in my legs aren't all the time but when it's there its near unbearable.
I'm thinking by the type of pain (burning) that this might be nerve related but I can't figure out why now and how is it so widespread? Maybe it's just a coincidence I got it all together? Does anyone else get this, or had it?
Thanks for your time.

Gentle hugs xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: Nerves maybe?

Postby Jo90 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:33 am

Yes, I get this.. numbness, tingling, burning and pain. I have it in all my limbs and when it first started I was really frightened. I (eventually) saw a neurologist who told me it was nerve damage due to trauma, basically, my body attacking itself (his words). At the time, I felt relief that it wasn't MND or multiple sclerosis but that doesn't make it any easier to live with. It's the weakness that I find hardest to cope with and the fatigue that comes with it as I used to be full of life and on the go all the time.
He advised duloxetine which I tried but it didn't agree with me at all and I'm learning to live with it. x
Jo90
UKFM Member

Re: Nerves maybe?

Postby Patsb » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:01 pm

Butterfly8588 wrote:Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I have, or has the same thing. Basically my fibro seems to have moved to my arms now, about 5 weeks ago my left arm started hurting for no reason round the elbow. It's a really horrible pain that starts at the inside of my elbow and moves down my arm into my hand and fingers. I occasionally get tingling in my fingers and they sometimes feel a little stiff. Pressure makes it worse as does any stimulation of the skin round the area. This pain is accompanied by some weakness to but I figure thats cos of the pain. My right arm has something similar but to a lesser degree.
I've written it off as one of those things but the last 10 days or so I've started to get worse problems in my legs. My right leg in particular has god awful pain from mid back, through my bum/hip area, down my leg, into my knee whicb is really bad and then down the inside of my lower leg into my ankle my foot and toes. I've had some tingling and numbness and This again is happening in both legs but it's worse in the right this time. The pains in my legs aren't all the time but when it's there its near unbearable.
I'm thinking by the type of pain (burning) that this might be nerve related but I can't figure out why now and how is it so widespread? Maybe it's just a coincidence I got it all together? Does anyone else get this, or had it?
Thanks for your time.

Gentle hugs xx

Sounds like your describing me! Mines all down my left side tho.
Patsb
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia