Swimming....does it help you?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Swimming....does it help you?

Postby MissMouse » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:37 pm

I have just returned from a session at the pool. I wasn't swimming I was walking and doing a bit if aqua yoga for my core muscles. The feeling of being supported by the water and hardly any pain was just so wonderful!

But, getting out of the pool was a complete struggle due to pain almost everywhere. Showering and getting dressed was a nightmare!!!!

Do you all feel this way too or is it just me?
MissMouse
UKFM Member

Re: Swimming....does it help you?

Postby Tessa2373 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:59 pm

Yes swimming helps me a lot. It's the getting changed afterwards that affects me badly unfortunately. I've just come back from holiday and noticed whilst I was over there how much the water helped me.
Tessa2373
UKFM Member

Postby tabithakat64 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:05 pm

I love swimming, I do find after a while though my legs forget to kick as theyre tired.
I also struggle to get out of the pool so only swim where there is a gradual slope or steps rather than the step ladder
tabithakat64
UKFM Member

Postby MissMouse » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:54 pm

The day after swimming i spent a lot of time sleeping and being in pain. Today, the 2nd day after I have slept even more than yesterday!
But......my back feels so much better!!

We just need to find a way of changing/drying and dressing easily instead of knocking ourselves silly trying to do it all
MissMouse
UKFM Member

Postby z200 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:44 am

I went swimming this morning for the first time in 17 years!! I was nice and relaxing to be in the pool - and after just floating about and sitting on the side, I eventually found the courage to try and swim a little.... After a near 2 hour session with my kids, we left.... Legs heavy but proud of my little achievement. Some exercise done and better than nothing. If I sleep for a week and freeze up, then so be it.... But I will be going again.... Build up strength and confidence. My aim is to get back on a bike and ride to the next town..... !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
z200
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia