Does fatigue hit you out of the blue

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Does fatigue hit you out of the blue

Postby galio » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:14 pm

i get this too and find i can work thorough it some days, i also get manic and determined not to give in and cant stop jumping up and doing stuff till i hit a wall or my hubbie sits on me literally some days lol, and yes i suffer for it. I have found having a bath before bed eases the pain and eliminates having a shower in the morning saving me some energy for work, today was my first day back since May, my timetable has changed and Im not sure I can cope so worried and this isnt helping either. anyway i wander lol, I fine the only way i can explain the exhaustion is in the middle of doing anything its like someone has crept up behind me and whacks me on the head with a baseball bat! fine one moment BANG can hardly move or speak so tired within milliseconds. so hard to explain to anyone who hasn't experienced it .
galio
UKFM Member

Postby UnderSiege » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:54 am

Every damn day...

Used to be I believed in the cause (the family business etc) I busted my gut for and went ahead all the same but years of bulls*** and no thanks on the part of my family while the decline accelerated made me change my tune. I had no life, nothing for years. Just grind, like a slave... Hell, I still have no life but on here. They made sure of that.
Now I do as little as possible, still hurt, still suffer the exhaustion and my family who can't for the life of themselves get why I might be so bitter and resentful and lack any motivation still pour on the grief like good gravy...
I could be better for me and do more for them but for some reason they don't want to tread the path that makes sense.
I'm unable to escape this and so the war begins.
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Postby Bellemorte » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:36 am

I am new to the discussion forums and I am glad I registered. To hear that other people are experiencing what I am lessens the isolation I feel. Fatigue hits me in a nano second and the mornings are the worst. I have fallen asleep at my PC at work numerous times and of course my colleagues think I am just staying out late and provide comments like 'you should get to bed earlier'. It annoys me but I can't afford to feel like that because it stresses me out and ... yada yada yada you know what follows. I have fallen asleep on the loo several times and only seem to 'come to' just before I hit the floor and headbut the tiled wall. I have been sat on my bed watching TV and the next thing I know I am in a crumpled heap on the floor. I have even fallen asleep standing up!! I am covered in bruises and cuts but there doesn't seem any way to stop it. I do wonder if it is the remnants of my meds which are supposed to make me sleep at night but dont! I get up in the morning after usually a total of about 2 hours sleep (if I am lucky) and I have to pace myself because every action I seem to do is followed by profound exhaustion. I have to get up at 5am on work days just so I have enought time to do all I need to before setting off. It's a nightmare - well it would be if I could fall asleep and have one!! :sleep:
Bellemorte
UKFM Newbie

Postby difly » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:41 pm

fatigue for me is on a daily basis carnt walk or do much around the house no energy to play with my grandson and overall it makes me so sad
been speaking to my Dr about it for the last three years and each time get told its this or that had endless blood tests which show thankfully
nothing serious ,finally my dr agrees to refer me to hospital re chronic fatigue and letter tells me to make an apt at the "sleep clinic" ??
surely this carnt be right ? can anyone suggest where is the best dept to be assessed for CFS ?
take care xx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:29 am

Hi difly,

Your doctors recommendation that you go to a sleep clinic is actually a good idea. I have Obstructive Sleep Apnea, so I stop breathing through-out the night. Now I know I have done this for a majority of my life as my ex hubby used to wake me to tell me to breath!!! Point is, if you are not getting the right amount of oxygen, your brain panics and stirs you, not to full consciousness, but enough to get you to breath again. This doesn't allow you to get Delta (REM) sleep, which is when true rest and bodily repairs are made through the night. This lack of Delta sleep means that you don't rest the way that your body needs, ergo exhaustion, better know to us a fatigue, as it is an all over symptom. No energy, forgetfulness, and all the other fun issues we deal with.

If you do have sleep apnea a machine can help. It forces the air, not oxygen, just room air, into your airway to keep it open, so you breath better and your body gets the oxygen it needs to repair, your brain doesn't go into over-drive and you sleep more restful and awaken more refreshed. It is not the be all and end all to our problems, but can help at least a little.

CFS/ME can teach pacing and this hand in hand with other treatments, can allow us to lead more fruitful lives. I miss playing with my niece and nephew due to fatigue, so I understand your frustration and annoyance.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:44 pm

Thank you queenie for ur reply ur explanation is helpful
I had not thought about referral in that way i will go along
With an open mind at the moment i am so desperate
I dont seem to get any respite from anythin i have fibro , carpel tunnel , trigemneuralga , marked
Arthritis in both hand and knees an recently had a knee replacement and waitin
To get other done end of year i morerecently been told i have osteoporosis in toes
And back suppose i can expect fatique sorry for goin on you take care and many
Thanks difly xxxx
difly
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia