Grip...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Grip...

Postby Queenie_70 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi Guys,

Need you all to brain storm for me on this one....when you need to get up and down, like from a seat (okay toilet), to an upright/standing position, and the grab rail is there to help, what do you do if you don't have the strength or grip to hold the grab rail to get up???

I am still having trouble with walking sticks....usually after a few feet now, my weakness has increased quite a lot, I don't have the grip, or strength to hold my cane to lift it off the ground enough to assist me the way it should???

Where does one go from here???

Have to say I am somewhat scared right now:(

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Grip...

Postby Garyl » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:54 pm

Queenie it is hard i struggle to stand up from a sitting position i use the sink to help me stand when used the toilet.I use walking sticks occasionally, i mainly use my 3 wheeled walker to get about is a lot easier for me then sticks though i do use sticks on occasions.

Do not be scared see your GP or practice nurse to get the assistance you need. i hate being like this but i will not let it beat me.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Tessa2373 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:52 pm

Ask your doctor for occupational assistance at home and they can provide a frame for the loo. I use one. X
Tessa2373
UKFM Member

Postby Lindenp » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Hi Queenie_70, I haven't got to that stage yet but I am now needing to get a grab rail fitted. Your council should be able to point you in the direction of an OT who is the person to ask that question to. OT's are trained in the best way to do things or suggest a different type of assistance for you. I have recently been in touch with my council for a similar thing so have a look on their website and somewhere usually under 'Adult Wellbeing' or something similar there will be an email address or number to ring.

Hope you get the help you need sooner rather than later. Don't be afraid, ask for help. Loud and long if you need to until you get the help you need.

Gentle Hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Linden
Lindenp
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia