Fibro and sun stroke?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro and sun stroke?

Postby Gingermama » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi everyone

Not been on in a while as I've just been plodding along but recently with the hot weather I've been finding a few issues with the sun. Firstly I've noticed I burn much more easily these days I'm ginger so it's always been a problem but it's getting much worse but I have read that that's quite common.

In the last week or so I've had sun stroke twice now. I try to keep out of the sun, drink plenty of water but last week when we were away on holiday I woke in the night being sick which I'd put down to the sun. Today I've got awful diarrhoea! Again I think it must be from the sun as I got burnt yesterday (stupid woman!)

Is this just me being a weirdo or is it a fibro thing?

I feel pretty awful now, having a bath to try and ease the pain (heamaroids!)
Gingermama
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro and sun stroke?

Postby Emz88lou » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi

I were diagnosed 15th July with fibro after years of unknown pain and I were exactly the same as you back in April in Egypt 4 days in to two week holiday I were in drs having a drip as I were servery dehydrated and were bringing everything even water up so I totally symperthise with you as I were my mother's carer from 5yr old I'd learn to cook clean or I wouldn't get nothing I gave up days off school college even put my back out for catching her led to months off work as home carer myself at the time now I no longer talk to her it's been brilliant and I'd never expect my kids if can have them to never go through What I have so I really do feel it's a fibro thing sending soft hugs to you xx
Emz88lou
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibro and sun stroke?

Postby reegogo » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi,I have noticed a significant difference since my Fybromyalgia diagnosis, previously to my Fybromyalgia I never suffered Sunburn but after I noticed that I burn very easily now even using a high factor sunscreen but I feel I am in a catch 22 situation as my pain is definately less when the sun is out.
reegogo
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia