Bad few days!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bad few days!

Postby stodgers » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi all

Since Saturday I've felt really rubbish! Had really bad chest pains, headaches and just a fuzzy head.

Went to the docs Monday about the chest pains and they have put me on omeprazole for acid reflux. They did and ECG ad also full blood count and checked for blood clots and I've heard nothing so guessing no news is good news as they said I'd hear quickly if it was. Anyone else had chest pain that is unexplained? If so can u describe it?

I often get 'funny heads' but don't remember this feeling before and also been way more tired than the usual tiredness.

Not sure if this is a flare up or what! Feeling very sorry for myself!
stodgers
UKFM Member

Re: Bad few days!

Postby scoke » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:48 pm

I've been getting chest pains recently but they vary tremendously usually in my right side, just to the right of where my bra strap goes I get a feeling of a pulled muscle, radiates out sometimes as far as my armpit, shoulder blade, neck or rib cage - any or all of these - can be on my left but not so frequent there - it can actually make me feel sick. also get intense points of pain, more often on the left, over or in my boob. This one doesn't radiate so much. Other times the pain will be lower into my rib cage a bit and that varies - I usually try to burp that away . I take lansoprazole for reflux/heartburn - have had it for years. I've had ecg, chest x ray, nothing showing, intermittent pain but am getting it quite often at the moment
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:42 am

Yes, I get the chest pains, they're crippling, going through to my back and can last for a few days. Nothing will shift it and the only ease I can get is from brandy and warm water, but that is only temporary. I'm certain mine are not my heart or acid reflux, but the doc says the next step is to have the camera down. I had this years ago and it was negative. With fibro we get used to our muscles being painful, but I have noticed recently that there are muscles which havn't been a problem before and are now becoming troublesome. I feel that my chest pains are muscles going into spazm. Also my eye muscles are playing up.

Feeling fed up at the moment so will have to give myself a good talking to.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Hi stodgers,

Sorry that you are feeling so low right now, and suffering from so much pan. I did read, at one time or another, that chest pain, even that similar to a heart attack, can affect Fibro sufferers. I had exactly that, a pain that started in my jaw, radiated down my arm, and then, for lack of an original term, felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest.

A thousand test, scans, etc., later, verdict: my heart is fine apart from the issue we already knew about, so it is Fibro related. A big relief for me as I do currently smoke...working on getting the will power to quit....and my grandfather did pass due to a massive "Cardiac Event."

Head pain, I think we can all relate to that. a fuzziness that cannot be explained and leaves us tired and confused. It sounds like you are having a flare, and it might be worth tracking what you did before these events started so that you can possibly avoid causing them again...if possible!!!!

Gentle hugs and love being sent your way.

xxxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby UnderSiege » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi all.

This is an interesting series of posts here... I'm wondering if any of these chest pain symptoms could be the dreaded costochondritis (or at least muscle pains and strains related to it) I had it myself from September last year through to February and let me tell you, it was horrible and humbling... The first time I heard of it was in a pain management group in 2008. Somebody else had it, described their experience and at the time I thought (in typical tough guy style) "Yeah, right. Doesn't sound so bad..."
Oh man! Did I ever learn about that attitude the hard way...
As for the reflux, I have no good advice but to stay away from stress and anxiety causes as much as possible. They will only make it worse.

For me the costochondritis was part of my massive crash last Autumn in which every condition I had went into overdrive at the same time along with introducing a few new wonders of 'bodily betrayal'... and I still haven't regained my old stride.

It could also be what I've come to see as the natural (or unnatural and unholy etc) progression of Fibro... it seems that for every month of this year so far either something entirely new has come up or I've had an entrenchment of something that was previously a minor niggle. The latest is hellishly uncomfortable dry eyes for days on end despite flooding them with eye drops (to the point of being wide awake yet sitting there for hours with eyes shut because having them open under any circumstances is too much)
And I thought my eyes were dry and irritated enough after laser surgery...

Anyway, I hear you and I'm with you... take care and keep fighting!
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Postby stedavey » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:21 am

Hi everyone one I've just woken up at 10:16 am and feel like I've had not sleep at all !! I'm lying here with the pain in my chest on the left side wich I can only describe as a heart attack feeling ! I'm not worried though as I've had it for many many years now I know it my fibromyalgia so I just ignore it!

I've also woke up with a fuzzy head , pins and needles in my hands , dry eyes , and hardly no voice wich has been going for the last 6 week :(

When I have bad flare ups I don't tell anyone not even my partner because I feel like no one believes me and I feel they think I'm making it up so being able to talk you guys really takes the weight off :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
stedavey
UKFM Member

Postby stodgers » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:04 pm

I've decided it must be a flare as after 2 days of sleeping loads I'm feeling much better! Chest pain has settled right down but not sure if that is due to the omeprazole or the rest!

Been at the eye clinic this morning due to visual disturbances and nothing obvious showing up! Back in 6 weeks but doc suggested it could just be another fibro related mystery :(

I think the flare was caused by stress as i had a really stressful few weeks as well as a few really bad sleeps etc. Going to try and get more rest now although not easy as a single parent of 2 young kids!
stodgers
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia