After some advice

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

After some advice

Postby Raecollie » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi, i'm just here to get the opinions of the people who know best!!

I am a 31 year old female. I am of a normal weight/BMI, i don't smoke drink few and far between. I walk my dogs at least 30mins twice a day. I run, i go rock climbing, walking in the mountains and aerobic exercise at home when i can't get out. I stretch after exercise and see a sports therapist for massage once a month... Yet i'm in pain!!

My legs, back and shoulders ache all the time. In the mornings i am like a 90yr old having to unfold myself from my bed and taking time to stand up. My ankles hurt to walk on for the first few mins and i have to cling on to the banister to get down the stairs. It takes a good 20-30mins to get going and walking my dogs is a slow process. I can push through and make my body move, but its hard and it hurts. I constantly feel like my muscles have been worked to exhaustion, even if all i've done is a 30min walk with the dogs. It doesn't matter how much i stretch, my body is tight and sore and heavy. I get restless legs with sharp shooting pains through my legs and feet which is really uncomfortable and despite sleeping fine, i wake up exhausted everyday.

I have got the chance to be fit and active and on the go all the time and this constant pain is stopping me. I feel lile my body is weighed down and i'm dragging it through sludge.

I want to talk to my GP, But i'm scared they'll think i'm crazy. I've recently been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and i'm scared if i speak to them about something else they'll think i'm just a hypochondriac.

Hence why i'm here. I guess i just wondered if anyone else thinks this is something i should be looking into?

Thanks
Rae
Raecollie
UKFM Newbie

Re: After some advice

Postby iblinkin » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Look up lactic acid and you will find some answers to your situation. Also look up uric acid and everything to do with vitamins, elements and minerals as well as hormones, because if you haven't already, you will find these various items in short supply and they are super nessesary for our health! Good luck!
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Raecollie » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:47 am

Thank you for your reply, i will look into those things.

I think what i would really appreciate advice on is whether, based on my problems, it is possible i could have Fibromyalgia and whether its worth going go my GP?

Thanks
Rae
Raecollie
UKFM Newbie

Postby changeoflife » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:32 am

Hi Rae, it does sound like fibro, don't worry about returning to your GP for advice, that is precisely why they are there after all!! Getting stressed doesn't help this condition and he might very well put your mind at rest. The only thing I now find, is that once it is confirmed you have fibro any other health issues never get thoroughly looked into as it gets popped in the bucket along with fibro !! Try to stay active, even if things are taking longer, it seems once you give into this condition it seems to take a better grip on you. Take care and make that appointment :lol:
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia