Stomach/rib/back pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Stomach/rib/back pain

Postby Mrshank83 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi everyone, just need to vent

Haven't had a bad flare up in exactly 2 years so this is just affecting me so badly.
Just wondering, Ibs aside, does anybody suffer with stomach muscle pain? Mine started to the right of my belly button, works its way up to my ribs then round my back like something is gripping me. At times stomach and back are tender to touch. It does move around also. And some days are not as bad as others. But today is my worst. I have 3 young children but luckily my parents take care of them when I'm like this but I feel like I'm failing as a parent.

I've got the other lovely symptoms too, nausea, lightheadedness, sweating very easily and loss of appetite

Currently on 20mg citalopram and prescribed co-dydramol when pain is unbearable
Mrshank83
UKFM Member

Re: Stomach/rib/back pain

Postby Bexter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:13 pm

Hi,
I also suffer with Ibs, but I don't have the stomach pain u describe, but the back and ribs area I also get, feels like ur Bering squeezed and it can really hurt. With everything else it can take ur breath away.

I hope u start to feel a little bit more human soon, what ever human feels like Don't know about u but Iv not felt normal for a good few years now.
Anyway soft hugs
Bexter
UKFM Newbie

Postby Susan Stokes » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:57 pm

It must be something in the air - I awoke in the night with the start of the most horendous flare-up. Don't know where to put myself, just have to ride it out.

Keep smiling.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby changeoflife » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:34 pm

Not long after the start of me having fibro, about a month, I woke to the most horrendous abdominal pain, it felt like I had a metal girdle on that was tightening and constricting all my organs. It reduced me to excruciating agony and I was admitted to hospital. Lots of tests were carried out but nothing found. I've had four children and have a very high pain threshold and I've never felt pain like it. I had it happen again in April and my husband was about to call for an ambulance after we had called doctor for advice, but it subsided thank goodness. I've only just this last month started with IBS which seems to sort itself by mid morning.
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:40 am

Hi Susan
Got to agree with you something is in the air, have got the worst flare for a long time , I was trying to fold sheets to put them on the line and the bottom of the sheet just touch my ankle, and it just felt like nettle stings, bottom of my legs hurt , the ends of my fingers feel the same , the bottom of my back feels like I have been kicked , feet hurt I have got a dry cough that makes you gag ,no appetite skin feel like it's sunburnt ,( but it very often feels like that ) can now feel my neck beginning to tighten up :crazy: :crazy: in other words feel a wreck :roll:
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:49 pm

might be autumn / winter is coming early
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia